my 28/29 tudor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williej

Finally found my a sedan!!![cl I wil try to remember to take pics as I go. Here's what I have so far. The chassis is 2x3 tube, not sure of the wheel base right now. Ladder bars in the rear and an I beam on split wishones. The car rides on airbags. The rear is just bags on the axle, the front is cantilevered in behind the grille. When aired down, the frame will touch the ground. When I finalize the front tire size, I will put in stops to keep it up about an inch in case I have a failure. I now have the headers tacked up and the floor started. Next weekend I hope to finish the frame of the floor and the last two body mounts. My goal is to have it moving this spring. Need to do brakes and plumb the engine. Not going to chop it yet, maybe next winter. I am a 41 year old college student taking Algebra, Trig, and Physics along with Ethics and Speech. I don't have alot of free time! I'll try to keep the progress and the pics coming.

Attachments

• IMG_6780.jpg
    IMG_6780.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6783.jpg
    IMG_6783.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6891.JPG
    IMG_6891.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_6892.JPG
    IMG_6892.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 132
Looking good! Be sure to take plenty of pictures, you be glad you did later on!

ISore

Got the fuel tank built and hung. Supension is done. Still need to plumb the brakes, air system, and fuel lines. I will post pics when it looks different. Thanks

more toys

you can see the A behind my newest toy. it is coming along slowly. Heard it run last week, but I dont want to fill the tank until I can roll it outside if it leaks. Brakes are plumbed but I need to rebuild the fronts and bleed them. Got the compressor for my air ride. Need to install and finish the plumbing. Not alot of time or money to work on it when you are a full time student, have a part time job and 3 teenagers! By spring is what I promise myself.

Attachments

• IMG_8410.jpg
    IMG_8410.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back