Just another of many...1940 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboRoadster

1940 chevy truck with a 440 mopar motor, I built the frame and suspension, just sat the cab and bed on this weekend and have started framing the floor in.
I scored the 2x4 tunnel ram this past weekends swap meet. I am going to fab an aluminum top plate to run 3 x 2 barrel carbs maybe 4 x 2's just to be different.

I am going to chop it 6" and much more......
still way under construction obviously.

40chevy.jpg

40chevy1.jpg

40chevy2.jpg

Looks really good!!!

Turbo,
Looks really sharp, this is a kool trruck & looks like u're really makin' progress!!! Any fotos of the interior? Thanks for posting!

BoB

Turbo,
Looks really sharp, this is a kool trruck & looks like u're really makin' progress!!! Any fotos of the interior? Thanks for posting!

BoB

no interior yet, just started the flooring of the cab and bed, in fact, just sat them on the frame sunday afternoon for the floor mock up, then I have to yank everything off again, finish the frame work, trussing and welding, painting, etc etc etc

Turbo,
Really nice ride! How long you been working on it?

Rattler

been working on the frame for 3 weeks off and on 1 -2 nights a week when I could. The Powder Coating keeps me plenty busy and I dont get to wrench on it much. After looking at it for a few days, i think less chop would suit the long bed look better, so 4" is prolly the number we will do.

The truck looks amazing. After seeing all the rat trucks on the site, it just makes me more and more excited for tax time so I can have the extra loot to pick up my project.

The truck looks amazing. After seeing all the rat trucks on the site, it just makes me more and more excited for tax time so I can have the extra loot to pick up my project.

Ha! I dunno about amazing, but it is kinda cool :D
Thanks indeed for the kind words

Truck looks good, Turbo. Love the use of Mopar power in a Chevy or anything else for that matter :D:D Keep the pics comins as you progress.

Latest posts

Back