57 Chevy truck?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmule

Colorado, East of the Peoples Republic of Boulder
I grabbed the solid front axle off a 57 Chevy truck today. Someone has taken the rest of the frame, but left most of the body. I started looking at it and realized the body is pretty nice, I found the whole front clip sitting next to it, and the bed is a few feet behind it. The hood and drivers door is missing. Other than that, the sheet metal is in pretty good shape.
Now, here's the deal. It's in a friends salvage, he closed it down and is crushing everything. I told him not to crush the old stuff till I can get pictures and see if anyone wants it. I won't be back up there for a couple of weeks, but if anyone on here is interested in it, I will grab some when I go back. It has been under a tree for the past 20+ years. Even the back window is still intact, w/ no cracks.
This is sheet metal only, the interior is devoid of parts (thanks to me in part). The front end still has the grill in almost perfect shape and only missing one headlight.

I grabbed the gauge cluster, although, I'm not sure it is going to be usable yet.... The steering column and gearbox will end up in one of my builds.

Latest posts

Back