49 F-5 Dash in 29 Tudor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Gussett

Yep... he can do it!
Live in the hilly country of Chillicothe Ohio.
Here are some pics of my dash I'm transforming to fit my 29 tudor.
I cut the top and layed it down about 2 in. and removed 7 in. from center.As you can see the pass. side is yet to be welded.I'll get that welded then finish the center.I'm putting a F-5 emblem in the center when done!

Attachments

• 49 dash.jpg
    49 dash.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 75
  • dash dr side.jpg
    dash dr side.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 69
  • pass side dash.jpg
    pass side dash.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 52
  • dash whole view.jpg
    dash whole view.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 90
Nice work !

Can I ask what you did with the trim piece in the center of the dash ? I need that piece for my son`s F1 project. Also --- are you going to use the gauge cluster or are you going custom ?

Yea I got that!

Hey Donman!
I think I syill have the center piece for the dash(plastic) right?
If I remember right, it was like droopy from the sun and dry flaky? I will look tomorrow for ya.If it's still in the shop you can have it! I am using the guage cluster! I think that the guages are what I like about this dash!
Thanks to all of you for the positive feed back! I pulled the engine tonight and put it on an engine stand to put it all together and button it up(thump'n camshaft too)!!!
Picked up my trans. today after work today too!Completely rebuilt with shift kit AND 3800 torque converter for $220 Ha Ha!!!

Good job:) Donman a lot of places repop the radio cover pieces if that is what you are looking for. Like Mr.Gussett the originals kinda turn to dust by now.

NO good~

Nice work !

Can I ask what you did with the trim piece in the center of the dash ? I need that piece for my son`s F1 project. Also --- are you going to use the gauge cluster or are you going custom ?

Hey DonMan I found the center piece to my dash but like I said it is all flaky and the top part of it was busted up too! I pitched it!I will keep an eye open for ya though.
Sorry I can't help you on that!

Latest posts

Back