Mini T bucket from golf cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I will enjoy watching it built from steel much more then fiberglass...

Are you going to start with flat sheet or steel some curves from something else?

It 'd be cool to find some junkyard body panels and fab something up[;)[dr

Mini-t

If the body comes out as nice as the frames it will be one bad golf cart, now I want one too. I can see my wife now " why did you buy that golf cart ? don't you have enough stuff in the yard now ? " NO !!! I CAN STILL SEE GRASS

I know I will enjoy watching it built from steel much more then fiberglass...

Are you going to start with flat sheet or steel some curves from something else?

I'm going to use the method I've used for scratch built bodies a few times, tubing skeleton skinned with mild steel sheet. On this one I'm using 20ga. to keep the weight down - usually I use 18ga. 'cause it warps less and you have more material to grind down on those ooops welds.
Here's the beginning of the framework, 1" and 3/4" tubing, got the rear kickup of the tub sorted out and a rough frame of the cowl/dash. This is going to be a pretty simple body, the sides will curve in from the rear to the cowl but not curved vertically. I'm planning to roll in a few reveals for some character instead of totally flat panels. No english wheeling, probably not even planishing hammer either. I'm keeping the original seat bottom so the body is fitted around it, just have to make a new seat back.

Attachments

• may 05 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    may 05 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 162
  • may 05 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    may 05 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 139
  • may 05 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    may 05 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 166
nice.. it will be cool to see how the overall shape turns out...

I had to go back and correct my previous post.. I saw my error when reading your post..

STEAL some curves.. not steel... although you could have been stealing some steel curves.. haha..

Hmmm, steel some steal - errr - me confused. [S This pic is on my wall, kind of my way of thinking summed up.[ddev

Attachments

• may 05 11 golf cart 011.jpg
    may 05 11 golf cart 011.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 97
Started putting the tin on today, got the rear corners and back panel done, put a small reveal at the top and bottom.

Attachments

• may 06 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    may 06 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 160
  • may 06 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    may 06 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 154
  • may 06 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    may 06 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 164
  • may 06 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    may 06 11 golf cart 009.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 187
looking good zz, your skills keep me amazed all the time.

an idea i had, what about one of those mock up blocks for the front? looks like a motor but no thump t thump sound.

an idea i had, what about one of those mock up blocks for the front? looks like a motor but no thump t thump sound.

Yeah this build is so cool, But loud pipes save lives! That's the only thing, Guess i'm just partial to gas power myself. Would be great to see a V Twin Harley up front and have that rump T rump[dr

I am diggin this. Im curious what is going to go in the gap where the motor would be in a gas powered car[P

It just occured to me that one of those v8 bbq grills would look great on there, and be practical. to bad they are so expensive

I've had several ideas on the subject and came to the conclusion that a fake engine up front would be just that - fake. :eek: I saw one on ebay a while back and while there is something cool about the look, I'd hate to have to resort to driving around making engine noises like 6 year old and drooling on myself...:(
I've never had anything other than gas powered hot rods but the fact is that this not actually a car. Not that I haven't thought of putting an engine up front ;). Several things came to mind like motorcycle engines ( Honda 500 Vtwin, Honda Gold Wing flat 4 or 6, the obvious Harley, or even a V Dub engine) but then it goes to a whole new level where a little engine 'aint enuff!! [ddd It's called the snowball effect - pretty soon it's not a golf cart anymore but a real car, 'cause you know yer gonna want to take it out on the road and do burnouts and keep on going !!:D
If it comes to that, a guy might as well be building a real rod and I've got one on the go already plus a finished one in the shed.

I was going to say just a stock T style hood and use it as a little trunk space.

Latest posts

Back