My new ol 28

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could never alter that fine a car.
If I had it,I would rebuild engine,fix overheating problem and drive it stock.
Not many left that good.[dr
Just my 2 cents worth.
X2. Except I'd also throw in some juice brakes and a hidden MSD ignition to fire them big ol' plugs. Too much old iron gets a chopped top. Be different and leave it as it is.

I'm not ratting it out, that's for sure. I'm going all traditional. OUT with the 4 banger! It'd take more than i want to spend for 4 cylinders. Probably sbc, but a good freind has a flattie that's in his 51 Merc, that he's pullin to put a sbc in. It has 2 stroms on it as well. That'd be cool under the hood.

That thing is obviously to far gone... I could tell you where to dump it... might even know a guy who would take it off your hands...:rolleyes:

My Dad calls this a number ten. As in "thou shalt not covet"

nice find!

gold03

Went and looked and listen to the Flat head run tonight. Not bringing it home just yet. A lil steep on $$ for me. Just answered a ad on a Vega a guy was parting out, but the engine/trans was gone already as well.

Just answered a ad on a Vega a guy was parting out, but the engine/trans was gone already as well.

You got lucky. The Vega engines were garbage. One of the worst designs of all time - literally. A silicone-impregnanted aluminum block without sleeved cylinders was definitely not a good idea...

You got lucky. The Vega engines were garbage. One of the worst designs of all time - literally. A silicone-impregnanted aluminum block without sleeved cylinders was definitely not a good idea...

Vega :eek: pinto or merkur, I had a buddy that had a merkur in the first rangers. He would stomp stock to mild 350's all day, and get great gas mileage [cl

Update finally. Chassis is done and body is back on.
28sedan014.jpg

28sedan016.jpg

28sedan005.jpg

28sedan006.jpg

I agree the car is in to good of condition to go with anything but restore original.It looks like a easy restoration.

Not saying it's so, but i might me selling. Not really sure what kinda $ i could get. Have a chance to buy some property and would like a little more cash to throw down on it. What is/would be reasonable for this car?

Latest posts

Back