My instant classic!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceKoukalaka

These pics are from the first couple of days that I owned the '53. Just got her home to discover almost everything is free, not seized like I figured it would be . [cl Over the next little while I'll be concentrating on freeing up the only 2 things stuck; the engine:( and the transmission brake;) The doors, windows, and pedals all work the way they should (still need to get some brake fluid into the master cylinder to see how it is). But I am very optimistic that my efforts will be awarded [cl[cl[cl

Attachments

• IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4369.jpg
    IMG_4369.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4422.JPG
    IMG_4422.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4423.JPG
    IMG_4423.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4424.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4425.JPG
    IMG_4425.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4419.JPG
    IMG_4419.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4421.JPG
    IMG_4421.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4420.JPG
    IMG_4420.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 52
Looks good buddy, if you have any questions on master cylinders and such let me know. I just purchased brand new Brake & Clutch Masters! Most brake stuff should be easy for you, me on the other hand...yeah let's not talk about it - I'm still fighting with them!

As for brakes, check all your hardlines - mine were in decent condition...till I replaced the wheel cylinders and such and I started to blow lines! Not a fun experience, not hard just no fun!

Ah I'm babbling, plus you prolly already know this stuff haha - Good luck with your build sir! I'll be following.

Squirt some penetrating oil or tranny fluid in the cylinders and while you're working on other stuff it can be working for you

I intend to bring her back to near original mechanically but probably leave the patina as is. Yes I will be replacing the brake system with original parts as I find them just to make the old girl more [dr worthy

I am in love with that truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first truck ever designed by the Legendary Ted Ornas. (Designer of the scout). His granddaughter is a facebook friend. Thaty truck came stock with a silver diamond 220 and a borg/warner 3 or 4 speed. The gearing is so low that it will drive you crazy.

I am in love with that truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first truck ever designed by the Legendary Ted Ornas. (Designer of the scout). His granddaughter is a facebook friend. Thaty truck came stock with a silver diamond 220 and a borg/warner 3 or 4 speed. The gearing is so low that it will drive you crazy.

This old girl has the 220 Silver Diamond engine of which I intend to get running again:) However the rear gearing is something I will be working on improving ( mainly because of fuel economy)After all it is intended to be my daily driver.[ddd
BTW this truck did not have signal lights added so that makes it even more different.

if you can weld and grind, swapping in a camaro rear end is fairly easy. but a newer mustang has the same lug patern. so thats a plus too. Im building the same truck by the way. link is below

Mine has the 6 x 7.25 lug pattern (1 ton) :) so a 'stang diff is out of the question however just changing the diff ratio will suffice considering this is what I used to do for a living[;). it is either that or put a split diff in. BTW muddy I love your rod it's the little one like what was sitting beside mine when I bought it. ( I actually wanted the L110 but I'm happy with my R130).

Last edited:
I am totally watching this by the way. And Everyone who builds an IHC always gets a book recomendation from me. Truck:A love story by Michael Perry. Complete history of IHC in the book, along with his story of building a 51 L120

Latest posts

Back