Nash project 2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other stuff

So I decided that I will build a set of two inch primary headers and from them to a new set of Flowmaster super 10 mufflers and THROUGH the tailgate ! So I cut the outer skin off of the factory gate so I could use my bead roller to make exit holes ! Also after looking at several different wheel styles I found these old aluminum Camaro wheels and cleaned them up! I painted them with a Copper hammered finish ! Surrounded them in a pair of 295/50/15 Cooper Cobra tires ! The fronts are still waiting on me to clean them !

Attachments

• IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2104.jpg
    IMG_2104.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2113.jpg
    IMG_2113.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2112.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 71
Add my voice to the chorus. Very nice job on the back window.[cl
This is the area that usually makes or breaks one of these conversions.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Really nice fab work. You are going to cause some people to scratch their heads on this one. It looks like factory.

Hooking up

OK so to get the power to the tires I thought long and hard on a clean and neat AND strong rear suspension! I decided to build my own trailing arms(not built yet ) and they will be hooked to these rear corvette spindles ! So after figuring out that part I still need to have a suspension! I was going to use coil overs but I have the torsion suspension parts already on my donor Cadillac! So the left side will be the right and the right side will be the left ! Should not have a problem holding the weight since that's what it's for and it will be pretty much be hidden !

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 45
More parts

The gas pas tank I found that fits the best is a 49 Chevy truck tank ! A Craig's list find ! Also a craigslist find is my seat ! It's actually a rear seat out of a 2012 Dodge Charger ! Next step is to start building chassis ! It will be all round 2" DOM 120 wall that we use at work for chassis builds !

Attachments

• IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 62
Loving it too [cl[cl A great new phantom Nash body style is born, better looking than some of the Aussie utes. The Caddy power is the topper - glad you are working up a custom rear suspension instead of the too wide stock Eldo setup.

patients

Thanks guys for the likes ! I am slowly gathering more parts! I have a 64 Buick convertible in my shop putting floor pans and trunk pans and ...... for a customer and when finished the $ from that will be used to buy the front suspension and chassis tubing ! So it will be another couple of weeks before I get that stuff ![P[P[P[P

Add more stuff !

Well I am building the whole chassis from 2" DOM .120 wall tubing and all of my dies are for schedule 40 pipe so I ordered the correct die and now I have it ! It will bend just over 180 deg. with a 6" centerline ! I also got my new 4 piston calipers for the rear ! I have about another week and I'll be getting the front C-4 front suspension ordered ! THEN the fun begins for me to start on the chassis !!! [cl[cl

Attachments

• IMG_2288.jpg
    IMG_2288.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2289.jpg
    IMG_2289.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 45
Wow! This Nashamino or Nashchero is looking great! Looks factory! [cl Build a hard bed cover and nobody will suspect the engine is hiding back there!

It's here !!

Well I got my front suspension! I have one more customers car to do some floor Pam work on and then it's time to start building my chassis! I found a Nash center piece for my grill I'm going to make too !

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 34
Progress

Well I decided since it won't be until next week end that my customers car gets delivered I would tear into the Cadillac and strip the torsion suspension out ! It all came out pretty easy ! (Thanks to the plasma cutter )! I decided to cut cross member and release pressure slowly ! Well it DID NOT go slowly and I must have had the edge of my boot on the cross member when it decided to go ! BAM!! It relieved flipped up taking my ankle with it and knocking me over ! Well needless to say I got hurt ! Big knot on inside of my ankle ! I can wiggle my toes and hobble around ! My RN wife made me put ice on it and then she wrapped it ! Since I can't sit still I slid on some loose fitting shoes and drove in town and picked up my front tires and wheels! I guess I'm in for the evening now !

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back