Father and son '35 hotrod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliments on the build. This thing just gets to be more fun everyday. The suicide front is just my version of one. I liked the frame horns too much and just couldn't cut them off, and I needed a place for the grill and front tank to mount up, so it is what it is. And the background car is a customers '65 Chevelle. Numbers matching 327 4-speed. It's been sitting for over 20 years waiting to be reworked. We're doing a frame off on it. Gotta earn my ratrod money somehow.

I hoping that I don't have to notch the frame for clearance on the front axle. I made the ride height easily adjustable where it mounts to the wishbones to make road travel a little easier and then drop it quickly when needed without using airbags.

Awesome......

Awesome looking build, thanks for sharing it. :cool:
That is one heck of a statement for your son's first car. Well done. '22

That is one sweeeeet looking ride! You & your boy do some good work! Have checked out your site & your son is learning from a greatly talented builder.

don,,,,husband/wife builds are cool too. :D:D:D

The trans finally gets mounted

3.jpg

The panels get made for the floor

With the floor panels attatched to the frame, we can remove the cab easily any time we need to for ease of construction.
31.jpg

Getting cozy now

In this shot you can see the steering wheel we picked up. You can also see why we made the trans mount the way we did. You can slide the trans back through the mount to make it easy to install and maintain. I'm lazy so I gotta have things easy to work on...
33.jpg

Interior mock up

We want to put in old style bomber seats, but these were in the storage room. We cut down the head rest and with vinyl covers will pass for now.
34.jpg

Were dragg'n tail. No fancy stuff on this one. In fact, we have plans to put skid plates under the rockers and an interior lever that can be lowered and drag the ground when the time is right. Not sure what metal to use yet to get the best spark and color? Any suggestions out there? Magnesium? Aluminum? Flint?

man thats gonna be killer. I have a couple of buddies running mini trucks, on them they are using magnesium plates. The make great sparkes, as for color Im not really sure.

Thanks, I'll try magnesium for sure. I hear it sparks real well. There's got to be some red and blue sparking metal out there somewhere. I'm thinking 4th of July.

Way too cool

Man what a build..!! Wish I had shop like that to work in...:D:D.I KNOW WE BETTER see a you tube of this rat when its running..!! Well..I can hope..

badass build. You have the look that I'm wanting to achieve on my build. as far as sparks, us mini truckers use titanium drag blocks, not real cheap but make super bright white sparks.

Those seats look fine to me CNC. If you wanted to change the look of them a bit, you could just rivet small panels onto them here and there.

Latest posts

Back