Doodlrodz Modified Build...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

22dodge

The other Dodge brother
Hello all,
Here are photos of new member "Doodlrodz" modified project. :cool:
I really like the look and am looking forward to watching this build progress.

And I will add pictures of his previous build in the next post.
Enjoy..... '22

Attachments

• Mikes Dodge 1.JPG
    Mikes Dodge 1.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Mikes Dodge 2.JPG
    Mikes Dodge 2.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Mikes Dodge 3.JPG
    Mikes Dodge 3.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 176
  • Mikes Dodge 4.JPG
    Mikes Dodge 4.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Mikes Dodge 5.JPG
    Mikes Dodge 5.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 214
Doodlrodz Last Modified Build

Here are photos of Doodlrodz last modified build.
It had a write up on the Jalopy Journal. Great looking Modified. :cool:
Enjoy....'22

Attachments

• Last 1.jpg
    Last 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Last 2.jpg
    Last 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Last 3.JPG
    Last 3.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 123
Are those 32 ford frame rails ? , I really like the way the body is made to fit the frame kickup and how low the rear body section is , really gives it a unique look , great job !!

I think riding in either one of those cars would put an ear to ear grin on my face.:D
Thanks guys, When I walk out into the garage in the morning if it makes me laugh when I look at it then I know that I'm havin' fun. The Dodge modified is on '32 rails, had an old set someone had cut off front and back, I started out building a Doodlebug ( I belong to a doodlebug club ) But then I got this motor and decided it couldn't be a doodlebug. The motor was built originaly by Clay Smith in '46 for a front engine hyroplane, it has Evans heads and intake, 3x2s, wico mag,custom headers, it's ported,relieved,polished,balanced, it's 3 5/16" x 3 3/4" 1 5/8" intake and 1 1/2" exh. Has a '39 trans. and a Halibrand/National mag. shifter rear w/ '32 axles. Has an old dropped and filled front axle, kelsey 40 spokes on the front, Firestone dirt trackers all around, a Ross steering box out of a combine built by Dale Faifax in Michigan. I have a solid brass Duvall windshield for it that I need to get narrowed to fit this cowl. Right now it has a tractor seat in it, haven't decided for sure what to use. Would like to find a single old bomber seat for it ( missed one on ebay while ago ) Thanks 22 Dodge for posting the pix. for me. Mike

I missed saying welcome to you earlier, but better late than never.......welcome.:)

Very very nice work on both cars. You spent a lot of time designing and building them, it's pretty obvious. I like you statement about walking into the garage and smiling...........I know that emotion only too well, as I do it all the time, no matter how many times I've seen what I have done.

Keep the pictures flowing, and I look forward to BSing with you a lot on here.

Don

I missed saying welcome to you earlier, but better late than never.......welcome.:)

Very very nice work on both cars. You spent a lot of time designing and building them, it's pretty obvious. I like you statement about walking into the garage and smiling...........I know that emotion only too well, as I do it all the time, no matter how many times I've seen what I have done.

Keep the pictures flowing, and I look forward to BSing with you a lot on here.

Don
Thanks Don, For me that creative part is the most fun, where I get in trouble is the finishing, it seems once all the construction details are worked out I have trouble getting myself motivated to do the little stuff, I just want to keep building, so quite often I end up selling my projects before I ever drive 'em. This is my 3rd build and haven't had one on the road yet, maybe this time. Thanks for the welcome. Mike

Boy can I relate to that. I am down to brake lines and small stuff on my T, and I keep wandering over to poke around on my '39 that is real far from being done.

For me, the best stages of a build are when you are mocking up the frame and wheels for the first time. That's fun !! :D When it comes down to the final stages I sort of lose interest and have to force myself.

Don

Boy can I relate to that. I am down to brake lines and small stuff on my T, and I keep wandering over to poke around on my '39 that is real far from being done.

For me, the best stages of a build are when you are mocking up the frame and wheels for the first time. That's fun !! :D When it comes down to the final stages I sort of lose interest and have to force myself.

Don
Don, Wow, just found the post on your T project, very nice, looks to me like you do very nice job on the details. Also love your sons car, that is relly great that you guys can do that stuff together. Nice work. Mike

A very visually interesting car you are building doodlrodz. I like it. I do remember seeing your other car in various places and liked it also, well proportioned I thought. Very nice machinery.

did you get the motor from Mike in Wisconsin??
Troadster.jpg
Hi, yes I did, you beat me to the car, that was a great looking body, I was very happy to get the engine though. How is your project doing ? I'm kind of on hold right now lots of stuff going on outside the car world. Did Mike tell me you were going to put another flattie in the car ? Good luck with it, you got a great body to build.

Hi, yes I did, you beat me to the car, that was a great looking body, I was very happy to get the engine though. How is your project doing ? I'm kind of on hold right now lots of stuff going on outside the car world. Did Mike tell me you were going to put another flattie in the car ? Good luck with it, you got a great body to build.

Looks like both you guys are happy with what i sold you. Keep up the great work guys!

Latest posts

Back