Eh, It only needs a bit of work!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmanb

Not sure what were going to end up with here, a wee bit rusty :), not much to start with, '30 Hudson, and (I think) 36 Chevy front clip, thrown in on the deal.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 108
she is just a little thin in a few places. That appears to be "minor" for a rat. I think you can build a fine automobile out of that sir. [cl

nice

looks like a good starter to me,[;)

mine was in about that shape she and tuned out fine.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• 111craigs list stuff 359.jpg
    111craigs list stuff 359.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 111craigs list stuff 360.jpg
    111craigs list stuff 360.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 111craigs list stuff 363.jpg
    111craigs list stuff 363.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC02677.jpg
    DSC02677.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02673.jpg
    DSC02673.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Looks like a vintage race car build to me. Build it as if it was built in the 50s and forgot about for 50 years.

Are you sure it is a Hudson? Kinda looks like an Essex...I have a 29 Essex coupe out back... Either way good score

Are you sure it is a Hudson? Kinda looks like an Essex...I have a 29 Essex coupe out back... Either way good score

I could be wrong on it being a Hudson, it has dual cowl vents and front hinged doors, last Essex I owned had suicide doors?

after taking in these responses, I'm seriously considering keeping that front clip, wasn't in my original plan, as I have an old Cleveland grill kicking around and a set of 'A' front fenders.

Fenders are overrated. Sell 'em and buy parts you need. :D
Well, if you are using an S10 chassis, keep the fenders.

From a guy with a full fenderd Ford.

Oh yea, nice looking coupe to start with, whatever it turns out to be.

I could be wrong on it being a Hudson, it has dual cowl vents and front hinged doors, last Essex I owned had suicide doors?

29 was the last year of the suicide doors. In 30 they went to a regular opening door. It looks to me like a 1930 Essex Super Six

Latest posts

Back