1940 ford pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
Morning Gents. Been a while since I've been around oh, but definitely have been busy in the shop. I had a guy contact me the other day that he had a 1940 Ford pickup that he was looking to get rid of. He has the title oh, there is a flat head all tore apart in the bed. Which would be cool but I am not interested in that as I am the pickup. The truck over all is in pretty good shape. The grill centerpiece has some damage to it and it is sitting in the seat of the truck. Somebody has changed out the original seat and put in like 65 66 Mustang seats. Body had one patch that I can see on the lower passenger side front fender. The truck was primered years ago but it was not prepped very well so the original blue paint is in pretty good condition underneath of it. There is some Rust in the floor but nothing overly bad. Trying to figure out what the truck is worth and what I should pay for it as it sits. I do not have time for another project but it needs to be saved. Lucky it is stored underneath a shed with the open side of the shed facing away from the Sun. Let me know when you guys think I've got a couple pictures of it I'll toss up

Attachments

• Resized95IMG951780.jpg
    Resized95IMG951780.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 46
What is the seller asking?

I'm just curious. I am not in the market, as I already have a truck I don't fit in. :D

That truck worth 4 grand around you as it sits? Wow I'm not going to Point too much about the $2,500 price tag. I told him I wouldn't give him more than 1500 for it if he have the title. He told me he was digging the title out today so I'm assuming that means we're going to make a deal at 1500. I probably won't do anything with the truck like I said I'll probably just clean it up and flip it don't want to make a killing off of it I just want to see it put back together and not destroyed

$1500 is good. Now that I know how much it cost me to collect all the pieces to put mine together from scratch. I'm watching daily for something that fits me better to play with.

I know a local appraiser/hot rod/street rod/ all around car guy. I asked him this question and he agrees with my thoughts @ $5000.

Damn, I knew it was worth some money being pre war. But didnt know it was worth this much

Condition, condition, condition! If it's unmolested, rust and bondo free, it's a very desirable piece and highly sought after...

Last edited:
40 Ford is one of the Holy Grails of hot rods! I’ve seen guys pay much more for much less! I’d give $1500 for it any day of the year! They are Highly sought after.

I missed out on one on eBay a few years ago by $50. It was about 100 miles from me in about the same shape. I got into a bidding war with somebody, they beat me in the last few seconds. It got bid up to $1500, sold for $1550. I was sick! My dsl was just too slow.

Haven’t seen another that cheap since.

40 Ford is one of the Holy Grails of hot rods! I’ve seen guys pay much more for much less! I’d give $1500 for it any day of the year! They are Highly sought after.

I missed out on one on eBay a few years ago by $50. It was about 100 miles from me in about the same shape. I got into a bidding war with somebody, they beat me in the last few seconds. It got bid up to $1500, sold for $1550. I was sick! My dsl was just too slow.

Haven’t seen another that cheap since.

Ok, you guys talked me into it. I'll buy it

Sweeeeet! I gave more than $1,500 for my '41 & it was just the cab, frame & bed & wasn't anywhere near that good shape! You could probably get that much for the fenders & running boards! Please keep us in the loop!!! [;)

BoB

Thanks for the info guys sounds like even if I need to pay him a little bit more for it I'll be okay.

Agree with what the guys have said. Up here in my neck of the woods, you wouldn't get it for less than $5K in the shape you described. They're rare and sought after, and good shape with little rust just brings that even higher.

I just saw 37 Ford fenders on my local craigslist for 550 ea front and 980 ea rear.I don`t know if this will help you or not.
Disclaimer,I know nothing about the seller or parts.

Latest posts

Back