Turbo'd 4 cyl roadster finally hits the road!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.3Turbo_T

From this............

to this...........and it only took 7 years! Haha!

The roadster is roadworthy! Drove it all around the neighborhood today. What a blast!!

It has no VIN #, hasn't been certified by CHP, BAR or DMV but everything works and it runs like a raped ape! Scary fast!

I have to get used to driving it 'cause everything is so tight in the interior. Very small car. I'm gonna have to do some mods to make it more comfortable. Plexiglass in the windshield for now so I can find, at what point the wind blows in my face. I'll cut an inch at a time until it does so, then add back an inch and go have the glass cut. I'll do a couple weeks of shakedown to determine what needs to be modded, fixed, etc. After that, tear it down to bare frame and do bodywork, paint, polish, reassemble then take care of all the bureaucracies. Here's a couple of pics.

For me...........this is a big day!

Neat car, looks like very well built. I hope you don't have problems getting it registered, have heard some horror stories about not having a vin or title in some states. I think I would have gotten it legal before I started on it, but too late for that now.....

outstanding work! I love 4cyl power too!

just one question, where is the gas pedal, and how do you get your foot on it?

Neat car, looks like very well built. I hope you don't have problems getting it registered, have heard some horror stories about not having a vin or title in some states. I think I would have gotten it legal before I started on it, but too late for that now.....

No worries, I learned long ago to get the paperwork legit before starting the build. It's titled under the SB100 rule. As a '27 Ford, smog is not an issue. I have reams of regulations and statutes that pertain to SPCNS. I built the car to those rules. Pretty sure I have it all covered, but then again, you never know!

outstanding work! I love 4cyl power too!
just one question, where is the gas pedal, and how do you get your foot on it?

Look at the one interior shot. It's a spoon type throttle pedal just peeking out under the dash right below the headlight switch. The heel of my foot rests on the trans tunnel. It works but believe me when I say, it's tight in there!

Nice build! I know about the title bit. I started with a 1 ton 31 model A without a title and have to go thru the process, but have to get the rod rollable with engine and drive train and basic safety equipment like lights before I start the process. I am not worried about getting the title tho, just the painstaking process to get it.

Latest posts

Back