That other forum does it again

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going through a bit of a transition over there. Much better to me, you can actually find what you're looking for instead of having to go through pages and pages of other stuff.

Now if they could just adopt Tripper's motto of "Be nice, it's not that hard", they would be even better off. That's what I like about RRR, we joke and kid around, but we don't dis anybody just because they want to do something different than everybody else. [P

i had the same problem with another site (that will remain anonymous) they didn't quite like my style choice for my yorker, so i left. cool ppl and lots of knowledge just not my brand of oil if ya catch my drift

then you guys come along!

They definitely don't like us! Personally, I think they should've left the site alone! It's just too busy now. Kinda confusing. But, what do I know? I still have a cell phone that if I wanna text the letter 'C' I have to push the #2 three times! I guess I'm just ol' skool! [cl

thanks

thanks for the heads up, l kinds like the change. maybe it'll calm down some of the rudeness and attitude over there.

it's a good site with a lot of info, just not a lot of vehicles l like.

Later :cool:

Now if they could just adopt Tripper's motto of "Be nice, it's not that hard", they would be even better off. [P

Some of those guy have the tact of a rattle snake. My first thread I got jumped on for not doing a search first. This should increase our membership as several build threads I followed do not fit with that site. Instead of filling the thread with nasty post they should have informed a moderator and had the thread removed. They are not doing anything new just enforcing it. RRR rocks!

Don

The HAMB is what it is....the people that run the place have their rules and thats that......Recently, they have changed things a bit....makes me wonder why?

Oh, I know....its all about the money.....advertising money that is. The owner would like to have a forum just for the traditionalists, but then it would just be a small forum that isnt making money. So, they have to put up with all the riff raff (thats you guys), so that they can get all those hits, so they can make all those advertising dollars.....They actually love all the drama, cus it makes them more money....thats the way I see it anyways

the white meat site is what it is, and this site is better. I go to that site just like I go to other sites, but I always come back here.

The HAMB is what it is....the people that run the place have their rules and thats that......Recently, they have changed things a bit....makes me wonder why?

Oh, I know....its all about the money.....advertising money that is. The owner would like to have a forum just for the traditionalists, but then it would just be a small forum that isnt making money. So, they have to put up with all the riff raff (thats you guys), so that they can get all those hits, so they can make all those advertising dollars.....They actually love all the drama, cus it makes them more money....thats the way I see it anyways

This makes total sense. It cracks me up, they'll let a thread get started and continue like the "definitive s10 thread" then shut it down because it is all of a sudden "non-traditional". It never was traditional but it's now years old we better police it, blah blah blah... How is a step van a traditional hot rod - IT'S NOT!! but there are threads there talking about it.How fickle is that? It's ok for a while then all of a sudden it's not. WTF? It is all about the drama, when someone gets a wild hair about banning they stir the pot. While there is a lot of great info on the site it's just gotten old for me. I don't need the drama....

I hope they don't delete old threads - like the one about s10 frames. There are tons of "off topic" threads with great information on there.

On the other hand, I think they are going to eat each other alive over what category a car belongs in. Oh well, the old way is extremely hard to find anything in.

the moderators are a bunch of a-holes..they want to keep the site "pure"..but if you have a fiberglass 32 ford, its more than OK with them....

I can't believe how often Bash the HAMB threads come up here and on Killbillet.
WTH, are we just a bunch of sniveleing a-holes now? I'm on maybe 10 different forums, they all have rules and guidelines and you pay attention and follow them. I could find something wrong to complain about with everyone of them. If they annoy me too much or aren't my cup of tea, then I just quit going there, it's that simple.

I personally don't really care what they do on that site. I just wonder why they are making it so difficult on themselves. I wouldn't want to be an administrator, it would drive me crazy trying to enforce all of those rules.
And, like what has been said before, it's their site to do as they wish. If you don't like it then just move on. Some people take this stuff too personal. Life's too short to get your knickers in a twist over something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back