Tetanus Tornado 49 F6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... Kenny, I'm one to talk.... went back and reviewed your build,
you need to find the time!!!! I like what you've gotten done so far and
looking forward to what's next...

[P[P

I got a little more done on the drivers side of the dash. Here are a couple of pics of what this thing looks like now. Please excuse the many years of dust collected on it.

Attachments

• DSC01084.JPG
    DSC01084.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01085.JPG
    DSC01085.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01086.JPG
    DSC01086.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01087.JPG
    DSC01087.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01088.JPG
    DSC01088.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 47
You're making good progress on the dashboard. I suggest you finish the truck. It's too cool to just sit collecting dust.

Still plugging away at it. I found and bought the instrument panel for the dash on Flea bay. Paid more than twice what I paid for the dash. I think I can fit three 3 3/8 gauges in it. Speedo,tach, and quad gauge for vitals.

Still plugging away at it. I found and bought the instrument panel for the dash on Flea bay. Paid more than twice what I paid for the dash. I think I can fit three 3 3/8 gauges in it. Speedo,tach, and quad gauge for vitals.

Yeah.That always get me going. When you see a dash stripped out for sale and then the gauges being sold by themselves.
It's all about the money.......
Torchie

Kenny, you triggered a tender spot in me, with your 'spending some money' philosophy. So many people get grumpy because something they want that will help them finish a project, is a little more expensive than they want to pay. So, they show the world who's boss; they don't buy the item. Then their project stalls because of missing 'said' part. The bottom line is; they saved four dollars,------ but they don't have anything but a partly finished project.

You did the right thing, you bought a part that you needed and carried on building a hotrod. Good on ya.

And I am enjoying following along on your project.

Mac; I've come to believe more and more that you should do what makes you happy,within reason of coarse. I was about 16 yrs old when my dads farther died. He was in his late sixties. He retired at 65 and a year or so after lost a leg and never realy recovered from that. Shortly after that my mom's stepdad who I was very close to retired at 58 yrs old, he died a year later. The older I get and the more funerals I go to and see friends and family not having fulfilled their dreams. I'm going to try to enjoy life more and worry less.

Mac; I've come to believe more and more that you should do what makes you happy,within reason of coarse. I was about 16 yrs old when my dads farther died. He was in his late sixties. He retired at 65 and a year or so after lost a leg and never realy recovered from that. Shortly after that my mom's stepdad who I was very close to retired at 58 yrs old, he died a year later. The older I get and the more funerals I go to and see friends and family not having fulfilled their dreams. I'm going to try to enjoy life more and worry less.

kenny you are right right, dont let them buy the best years of your life 8 hours a day! [cl

Rear suspension

I got to work on the truck yesterday and today. I built a frame to protect the gas tank. I also set up the sway bar. It may not be necessary but I had it and it can't hurt. I think the rear of the frame is done.

Attachments

• DSC01093.JPG
    DSC01093.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01092.JPG
    DSC01092.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01094.JPG
    DSC01094.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01095.JPG
    DSC01095.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01096.JPG
    DSC01096.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01097.JPG
    DSC01097.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01098.JPG
    DSC01098.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 32
Hope these pics showed what I did. I just spent 45 minutes trying to up load these pics and still couldn't. I don't understand why I can build a hot rod chassis from scratch but I need my daughter to help up load pictures and it only takes her a minute and a half. Every time I do it it seems like a different process.[S:confused:

Hope these pics showed what I did. I just spent 45 minutes trying to up load these pics and still couldn't. I don't understand why I can build a hot rod chassis from scratch but I need my daughter to help up load pictures and it only takes her a minute and a half. Every time I do it it seems like a different process.[S:confused:

You are not alone in those thoughts.....[ddd
Looking great.[cl:D:cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Latest posts

Back