were to find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spurgeon

i was wondering were u guys find the old 20's and 30's bodies. i am making a rat rod for my senior project and would love to have a 34 pick up or a ford tudor body but i cant find anyhting around my area. i have the engine(502) and trans(manual) and all i need now is a body. im making my own frame in welding class so thats taking care of. any help would be great

First, welcome to RRR. Where are you geographically located spurgeon? In many cases that seems to be a factor. I live in South Florida. There just isn't any old tin to be found here locally. Like 26 said, craigslist seems to be a good source. Are you looking to buy local to your region or are you willing to travel or have the body shipped? All these factors play into your search.

Old tin!!!

I found my T on craigslist for cheap.

Spurgeon,
I found my '41 Ford PU on Craig's list too! I have also run the back roads but that is hit & miss & can get expensive. Also try small town newspapers. Some of the lucky dogs live in areas where the old tin is sittin' around everywhere!!! ; - >

BoB

Even though I live in California, there's still old tin to be found. Best bet is old farming communities where there are barns to be found. Up in Reedley, Ca, the town was so small, it only had 1 traffic signal. My brother's ex-girlfriend's farm had a barn with 4 30's sedans in mint condition. Sometimes, just driving around, you'd see old cars/trucks parked next to a garage or barn, obviously not running. Anyway, good luck with the hunt....

well i live in renton washington but we go up to okanogna alot and there is indian people with old cars everywere. the thing is there charging a mint for everything. on craigs list i just say seattle then i search but theres nothing

Welcome to the forum. Man, you live in Washington State. Everytime I see an ad on Ebay for some cool project, that is one of the most common States where they are. You should have NO trouble finding one out there. Just have cash in hand, and start beating the bushes. :D:D

Don

:Dthe only thing is that i dont have my license and im only a sophmore. so i have to rely on my pops to take me places. i might be buying an old tudor bodies and drive train in okanogan for 2 cases of beer and 50 dollars.:D. i just need to take the 502 out of my camaro and then im ready to rock

:Dthe only thing is that i dont have my license and im only a sophmore. so i have to rely on my pops to take me places. i might be buying an old tudor bodies and drive train in okanogan for 2 cases of beer and 50 dollars.:D. i just need to take the 502 out of my camaro and then im ready to rock

Aren't you too young to sell/trade alcohol? :)

but seriously, that sounds like a good deal to check in to.

Last edited:
im not doing the alcohol my dad is. the guy wants it out of his barn and he told my dad 2 cases of beer and 50 bucks and its ours but i think it is pretty darn rusty

Latest posts

Back