Dang... I LOVE AMERICAN MUSCLE!!!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh It's more fun torturing the fast and silliness cars!!!!!! sticker do not make your car go any faster kids! won alot of money that way in my past:D:D

Back in 75', a friend of mine had a 62' Ford Galaxie with a 406, tri-power, cam, 4 spd and 4:56's. He quit racing the car because it broke too many parts. Blew a posi, detroit locker, then went to a spool. Went through 4 top loaders. Man did that car launch. Anyway, we were cruising home one night and pulled up to a red light. A VW bug pulled up and started reving the engine. I told my buddy to "spank" this guy for old time sake.
The light turned green, the VW pulled a wheelie across the intersection and we never caught him......:eek:

Wow the can build those things crazy fast though man, But I know what you mean I almost got the J back together just need to set up the rear end and its done again!!! but snapped an axle at the drags a few months ago:eek:

Wow the can build those things crazy fast though man, But I know what you mean I almost got the J back together just need to set up the rear end and its done again!!! but snapped an axle at the drags a few months ago:eek:
I know what you mean about snapping an axle. Had a 65' Chevelle with a 454, 4 spd and 4:88's on slicks. Made a test pass by my house and snapped an axle. How did I know? The car sat down on the ladder bar and I saw my left slick with half an axle take off down the street :eek:
I prayed it wouldn't hit anybody or anything, it was a residential neighborhood. After that, I switched to a 9" Ford. Boy, was I young and stupid and lucky...:eek:

Back in 75', a friend of mine had a 62' Ford Galaxie with a 406, tri-power, cam, 4 spd and 4:56's. He quit racing the car because it broke too many parts. Blew a posi, detroit locker, then went to a spool. Went through 4 top loaders. Man did that car launch. Anyway, we were cruising home one night and pulled up to a red light. A VW bug pulled up and started reving the engine. I told my buddy to "spank" this guy for old time sake.
The light turned green, the VW pulled a wheelie across the intersection and we never caught him......:eek:

We built a Cal Look bug for my Son years ago. Had the engine built by a pro shop, 1915 cc, dual carbs, head work, close ratio tranny out of California, etc. Little thing would scoot.

One day I borrowed it to take to a local show, and when I was leaving I was behind a 5.0 Mustang. When I pulled around him to pass he punched it, so I did . Blew past him like he had hit the brakes. :D:D He immediately did a U turn so we couldn't play anymore.

Don

Bad VW's

Gasser,
Ok... I'm really agin' myself here. I was a surfer & in '66, the summer B4 my senior year my brother & I drove to Calif to visit our cousin in LA. I had never seen a bad VW but our cousin took us to every beach in the area & that is where I 1st saw a Vdub pull a sky high wheelie. I was absolutely shocked to say the least!!! All the surfers were into those bad bugs & transporters & they were everywhere. When I got home & told my buddy... he immediately started building his up. No matter what he did... he could never get it to wheelie... but he sure smoked lots of so called "muscle cars" & we would laugh all the way home!!!

BoB

Gasser,
Ok... I'm really agin' myself here. I was a surfer & in '66, the summer B4 my senior year my brother & I drove to Calif to visit our cousin in LA. I had never seen a bad VW but our cousin took us to every beach in the area & that is where I 1st saw a Vdub pull a sky high wheelie. I was absolutely shocked to say the least!!! All the surfers were into those bad bugs & transporters & they were everywhere. When I got home & told my buddy... he immediately started building his up. No matter what he did... he could never get it to wheelie... but he sure smoked lots of so called "muscle cars" & we would laugh all the way home!!!

BoB
Hate to say this, but I was once a "Bug Boy"! :eek: It was a 63', lowered, fibreglas front end, roll cage, disc brakes with a 2100. It was my DD. Trans was geared so low, I couldn't take it on the freeway. The Bug was totally impractical so I sold it to some kid in the area. I heard he chose off a car club called the Bow Tie Boys. The fastest car they had was a 65' Nova. I heard he blew the Nova off, but soon after, blew the engine and trans. :p:p:p

Latest posts

Back