New project.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakota

Rides a rusted horse
As I come to the close of one project, I'm day dreaming about starting another. Usually I shy away from Mopar and go with Ford bodies and Chevy power. Lately I've been looking at the 39-47 Dodge pick ups. Nice crisp lines and simplicity. I was thinking of something along the lines of an Aspen/Volare IFS and Caddy power, (sorry Herself, didn't mean to wake you). I've read about it, but I'm not well informed about the Aspen/Volare IFS. From what I've read, it's a simple bolt-in. Can anyone give me some insight as to how well this IFS will mate with the 39-47 Dodge pick up frame? Or any insight to the Dodge pick up for that matter.

Darn 46 Dodge pick up at the salvage yard keeps glaring back at me as if to say, "C'mon rodder, show me what you got!"

back in the 80;s had a friend that put one on a 48 dodge pickup. I remember him saying it was a simple bolt on. I really liked the smoothness of the ride..
by the way those burgers at Chris Madrids, still as big and good as theyuded to be

Yup, they sure are. So are the ones at the Burger Joint on Broadway/I-35. Chili's now has one and don't bother getting fries, the burger alone is a seven course meal in itself. It's a shame that Fudruckers ain't what it used to be.

I believe that in 48 they changed the frame and body dimensions. I think the frame was wider than the 39-47's.

Pilot House is for 48-53 Dodge. I need information on 39-47 Dodge. Totally different truck. 46 and 47 trucks were copies of the 39, 40, and 41's. In those years Chrysler was gearing from war production back to auto production.

Go for it!!!

Lately I've been looking at the 39-47 Dodge pick ups.

Lakota,
I love those years of that body sytle!!! Go for it!!!

BoB

Attachments

• '41dodge.jpg
    '41dodge.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 9
on the Volare/Aspen front, I have one iunder my 58 IH, wasnt easy but it was. I had to cut into the frame and weld it in because of the way the upper A-Arms and steering box are, the steerying box is in a spot where its hard to fit some engines in it, if you want to run a Caddy I recomend using a Mustang 2. I have a 403 Olds in my IH and the left side Exhaust manifold is REAL close to the steering box ( like 1/16" from touching it ) everything else is WIDE open around the engine, if ya ran a Rack on it you would have a LOT more room. It drives GREAT with it under it and the big rotors stop it super. hope a lil of this helps you out

Jim

Lakota If I remember right the frame about 32 to 34 inches wide on the front of those yr trucks. You might want to check out 76 to 86 JAG IFS to put in it. Will give you front disk brakes power steering and a low stance. and its a bolt in. .......RUSTY

Have you looked at the mid 70's set-ups?
I have a neighbor who took his 75 Cornet and spliced it into a 54 Dodge truck. it took around two weeks to manage the meld. He used the complete setup, stearing, front disc brakes, even the 318 and auto all was managed into the rails of the old truck. It rides fine and handling is nimble compaired to the old hard crank of a front end.

Maximo

Latest posts

Back