Got Cokers?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomech

Mr. Willys
I GOT MINE TODAY wow sorry for the caps lock

im running h78-15's and L78-15's
the rears are about 1 inch taller and wider

i got them from so-cal $110 each for the fronts $119 each for the rears

now i have to paint my wheels and get em mounted

Attachments

• coker tires.jpg
    coker tires.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Congrats on the arrival. I have used Coker's tires for quite a while. A good product and good people in my opinion. Mount em up and post some pics.

Those are going to look great on your car. Coker is tops as far as nice people, with great service during and after the sale.

I had the occasion to actually talk with Corky Coker on the phone one day, and he sent me some emails. Coker Tire was being slammed on another forum (run by, and membershipped by idiots of the first degree) So I called Corky to tell him not everybody was against them, just that one forum. He was the nicest, most humble guy I have ever spoken to, and it was as if we had been friends forever. He sent me emails later, thanking me, and I felt good that he knew not everybody was against them.

I have dealt with them for about 25 years, and bought lots of tires in that time, and every transaction and tire has been first rate. In fact, in the next few weeks I will be ordering the front tires for my T from them.

BTW, did you take their tire protection program? It essentially replaces the tires if anything ever happens to them.

Don

Hey moto,
Please post some pics when u get them mounted.
I orderd L78-15 for all 4 and i looks like an indy car:( .
The L78's got wide with 35 psi in them.
How wide are your rims ?

this may be a dumb question but do they make any in this style that have a good sticky compound? sorry but that is just the mustang guy in me..lol.. i love the drag radial.

Not sure how effective the new retro slicks are like the Firestones I am running, or the Radirs, etc. Tripper said they lay down a funny patch (I think it was Tripper) but if you drop the air pressure to the 10-13 pounds we used to race with, maybe they would footprint pretty well.

No question that the new hitech drag radials are really superior though. Cars are turning really low times on them.

Don

Those are going to look great on your car. Coker is tops as far as nice people, with great service during and after the sale.

I had the occasion to actually talk with Corky Coker on the phone one day, and he sent me some emails. Coker Tire was being slammed on another forum (run by, and membershipped by idiots of the first degree) So I called Corky to tell him not everybody was against them, just that one forum. He was the nicest, most humble guy I have ever spoken to, and it was as if we had been friends forever. He sent me emails later, thanking me, and I felt good that he knew not everybody was against them.

I have dealt with them for about 25 years, and bought lots of tires in that time, and every transaction and tire has been first rate. In fact, in the next few weeks I will be ordering the front tires for my T from them.

BTW, did you take their tire protection program? It essentially replaces the tires if anything ever happens to them.

Don

hey don...no i diddnt get the protection plan...these tires were on the shelf at my local so-cal speed shop of arizona they ordered them for somebody else and were never picked up

Hey moto,
Please post some pics when u get them mounted.
I orderd L78-15 for all 4 and i looks like an indy car:( .
The L78's got wide with 35 psi in them.
How wide are your rims ?

i have 15x7 steel wheels i need to paint them first them ill post some pics of them mounted i like the tall skinny look i diddnt want to go really wide on the back

here is the weels i have

Attachments

• pic050607_4.jpg
    pic050607_4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 9
Not sure how effective the new retro slicks are like the Firestones I am running, or the Radirs, etc. Tripper said they lay down a funny patch (I think it was Tripper) but if you drop the air pressure to the 10-13 pounds we used to race with, maybe they would footprint pretty well.

No question that the new hitech drag radials are really superior though. Cars are turning really low times on them.

Don

11.7x @ 124 on a crappy 60 foot in my 03 cobra. second run the tires were nice and sticky, launched like a beast for about .5 seconds, broke the half shafts..lol..

I really wanted some of these tires for my 64, but I'm cheap so I ended up buying some $60ea tires.
I still like the look of WW! About how long do these last on daily drivers? I'll probably fork out the money next time.

I really wanted some of these tires for my 64, but I'm cheap so I ended up buying some $60ea tires.
I still like the look of WW! About how long do these last on daily drivers? I'll probably fork out the money next time.

i was told if you get 10-12 thousand on a heavy vehicle then your doing pretty good

ive never had bias ply tires before so we will see if this is true

but knowing me the right rear tire always seems to wear out really fast:p

Latest posts

Back