"VLV 15 via Route 66 Road Trip"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great coverage... its funny.. I took a picture with my girlfriend in front of the graceland sign like yours just 2 weeks ago.. we didn't go in though it was too pricey for us

TiredIron Broke Down

Ok guys just got this off Facebook for those not foloowing there.

Qouted from Tirediron
Broke down in Tucumcari, NM...radiator is leaking and it's going to be hard to find one. Pray we find one.

He called me earlier and told me about it. I've put the word out to several car clubs and a bunch of folks in ABQ. But it's going to be hard to find a radiator for 63 Mercury.

Ok good just wanted to get him as much help as possible. I met George several years ago through www.4x4grace.com and generally go to his house for the best 4th of July in the area. He is a great guy and I hate to see him in a bad spot like this.

Never had much luck with JB Weld fixes on radiators. So I am curious what do you plan on cleaning it with before applying the JB Weld? Also what do you plan to scuff it with? Either way I hope you guys get underway again soon.

Got it fixed, thanks for all the tips. I can't say enough about how generous and kind the people of Tucumcari are. A gentle named Junior at the local scrap yard gave me a '67 T-Bird radiator and let me use his shop and tools to fix it, he also ran me all over town getting hoses and such...I was extremely blessed today!

LOVE this story, hope to write my own (similar) some day! It's a long time dream of mine, to drive across the country in something cool... The Dodge Brothers just may be the thing! I just so happen to have some friends in Salt Lake City UT that have been bugging us to come out.... :)

Have fun be safe, JB

Latest posts

Back