is there a big Rat / Rod cruise the next couple weeks ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum

got a local buddy that has a really nice International rat, pick-up that I'm hauling ( him, not his truck, as he'd drive that, if he were taking it ) up to Northfield MN this weekend for a car show / cruise in ( I'm taking my Nash up, & looking for ideas for this winter's build project ) sounded like he was hooking up with some rat guys from Canada & was going to be gone for a couple weeks...

I can find out more from him later, but was just curious what big rat cruise or event is going on this next week ???

Cool. They are going to see George Poteet's stuff!

2013 Rat Rod Tour & Rat.Hard Build-off Dates, Locations, and Itinerary.
*The following itinerary contains suggestions for lodging, travel times, and activities. Participants are not obligated to stay with the
group, and are encouraged to choose their own routes and activities per their comfort level. Participants will need a Builder, Judge, Ride
Hard or Rat Rod press pass to get into the VIP areas. Departures and arrivals (per this itinerary) will be at the host hotels and are only
suggestions. Departure times listed are when the coordinator group will be heading out, and arrival times will vary. Changes to this
itinerary will be announced at www.facebook.com/buildoff and associated websites.
Friday Sep 20
Tour starts in Mahtowa MN, at TJ's Country Store (Historic Hwy 61) AM departure
5:00pm
Lowbrow High Octane car show
Northfield MN
Event is held on Division St (main drag in Northfield)
VIP Lounge at Contented Cow
302 Division St S, Northfield, MN
*We have NO host hotels in Northfield... stay where you can find a room!
Saturday Sep 21
Northfield Departure: 7am (approximately 9 hours drive to St Louis via freeway)
St Louis Arrival: 5pm
Where RRM & RHM are staying:
St Louis Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
9600 Natural Bridge Rd., St. Louis, MO 63134
314-427-7600
7pm Judges Meeting at Clarion hotel (meet in lobby)
Sunday Sep 22
9:00am (to 5:00pm)
Shapiro Steelfest car show
Shapiro Metal Supply
5617 Natural Bridge Ave, St Louis, MO
*Build-off and some of the tour cars, as well as vendors and food, will be located in the Shapiro lot on the north side of the road. Show
cars & bikes will be on the south side of the road. Spectator parking is just beyond the Shapiro entrance.
6:00pm
Shady Jacks afterparty - open to the public
1432 N. Broadway, St Louis MO
(builders & judges will be shuttled to and from Clarion hotel)
Monday Sep 23
St Louis Departure: 8am (approximately 4.5 hours to Memphis via freeway)
Memphis Arrival: approx 1:00pm
Courtyard Marriott East/Park Avenue
6015 Park Ave, Memphis, TN 38119
(901) 761-0330
*Trailer parking across the street in the strip mall parking lot (we hope)
4:00pm
Poteet Meet-Up: (about an hour southeast of Memphis)
314 Cotton Ln. Holly Springs, MS. 38635

Tuesday Sep 24
12:00 noon
Comp Cams facility tour and lunch (yes they are feeding you)
3406 Democrat Rd
Memphis TN 38118
*Following the Comp Cams lunch, there is a hot rod show on Beale Street downtown Memphis. The build-off cars have reserved spaces
there – there are no other show spots available... HOWEVER, there is additional parking available on the side streets, and if cars dont
show up for reserved spots those will become available too.
6:30pm (running simultaneously with the Beale St activities and into the evening)
Halfway Point Celebration (open to the public)
Dan McGuinness Pub
4698 Spottswood, Memphis TN 38119
901-761-3711
Please bring your cars and bikes for an impromptu car show at the pub!
Wednesday Sep 25
Memphis Departure: 9am (approximately 7 hours to Alexandria via freeway)
Alexandria Arrival: approx 6pm
Parc England
1321 Chappie James Avenue, Alexandria, LA 71303
Thursday Sep 26
free-for-all day, various activities (stay tuned to facebook or check with RRM/RHM at Parc England for PM
activities TBA)
7:00pm
Judges Meeting
Meet in Parc England lobby
Friday Sep 27
free-for-all day, various activities (stay tuned to facebook or check with RRM/RHM at Parc England for PM
activities TBA)
PM jumbalaya in Alexandria
Saturday Sep 28
8:00am
Cajun Nationals car show (day 1)
2524 Airbase Rd
Alexandria, Louisiana 71303
PM activities to be announced at the show
Sunday Sep 29
8:00am
Cajun Nationals car show (day 2)
Awards at NOON, build-off winners announced around 2pm
Main point of contact will be at the host hotels – if the core group is not at the hotel, locations and
addresses will be left with the lobby receptionist. (Just mention rat hard)
Coordinator contacts – please do not blow up our phones: most of the info you need is right here, or will be
available at the host hotels. These contacts are for emergency situations or as a last resort in the communication
line.
Steve's cell: (Rat Rod Magazine) 763-639-9539
Jerry's cell: (Ride Hard Magazine) 618-946-4943
Troy Gubser (and a trailer) is available to help between Iowa City and St Louis if needed: 402-217-0028
Tour notes:
It will be impossible to keep the entire caravan together from location to location – please stick with a smaller
group, and please use GPS. Gas and food stops are not coordinated as a whole... simply do what your group
needs to do, and we will all meet up at the planned locations. Traveling alone? It'll be easier if you latch on to
one of these various small groups.
Please be respectful of our host locations and venues. (especially with the burnouts and things of that nature) We
want to be invited back to these places, and leave them with a positive lasting impression. And for the love of
god, please don't drink and drive.
When in metro areas (especially St Louis and Memphis) please be observant of where you are. We will be
traveling through and stopping in some high-crime areas. Straying too far from the freeways alone is not
recommended.
Activities are absolutely voluntary and participants are not obligated to join us. Have fun, travel safe, and enjoy
the adventure!

Anybody from this board gonna do any part of the tour? I'm thinking about burning a couple of vacation days and trying to hook up with them for their Memphis festivities.

Myself, the wife and kid will be at the Shapiro show. In the family truckster as the rod aint ready yet.[;)

WOW some very awesome cars & trucks at the Northfield cruise in...

look for the old truck hillbilly looking camper with the new Corvette motor ( with crome air-conditioning pump ) under the hood along with many, many more...

the show had a wide variety of cars... a nicely restored early 60's Chevy was blowing long flame shows out the exhaust several times through out the night, after dark...

there was a modern asphalt circle track stock car, with an old truck body grafted on it... & built to look like a vintage race car

I'm partial to the late 30's cars, my Nash is a 38... I think there were 4 1938 cars there total...

don't know how many that were at the Northfield cruise in, are going on the national cruise, but I'm guessing the numbers will grow, & by the time they get south, it's going to be a very impressive sight...

Well, I took a day of vacation and went to the host hotel in Memphis and waited for them to show up (a guy from Chattanooga, TN did the same thing).

They were supposed to get there between noon and one. The first cars showed up at around 5:00. During the next hour about a dozen cars made it. None of the "build-off" cars had made it yet. There were supposedly lots of breakdowns along the way. It looked like some nice folks involved in one hell of an adventure!

I had to leave around 6:00 so that I could make the 4 hour trip back to my house.

I'll post pics tonight.

would be interested in seeing the pics... my buddy had taken 2 weeks vacation & was trying to get out by 4:00 & got stuck working later... so by the time we got to Northfield, it was almost dark... by the time I got parked & set up for the show, it was really too dark for pictures...

Awesome pics... I think 3 of those pictured were at the Northfield MN kick off show ( for sure the wood camper truck with the cane poles on the side, & the one with the 57 chevy panels made into the pick-up )... also the one with the Ontario Canada plates

you didn't happen to get a peek under the hood of the wood camper truck did you ??? that's the one with the brand new Corvette motor under the hood, that I mentioned in an earlier post [dr

Last edited:
Awesome pics... I think 3 of those pictured were at the Northfield MN kick off show ( for sure the wood camper truck with the cane poles on the side, & the one with the 57 chevy panels made into the pick-up )... also the one with the Ontario Canada plates

you didn't happen to get a peek under the hood of the wood camper truck did you ??? that's the one with the brand new Corvette motor under the hood, that I mentioned in an earlier post [dr

Nope. The hood was closed the whole time.

I didn't have a whole lot of time to look. I sat around all day waiting on them to show up and then they started showing up right at the time I had planned on leaving to make the 250 mile drive home.

Latest posts

Back