Help!! Can you ID these wheels?!?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnicer

Hello, I'm new and hoping the expertise of this forum can help me find my dream wheels. I have seen them in a few rods and I love them, but I can't fi d them in any catalogs or find anyone that can definitively help me.

They look like late a model Chevy spare tire, but I'm unsure. . . Plus the fact that the rear is larger than the front . . Idk, it looks like an entirely different wheel back to front IMO. .

Thanks in advance for any help, fingers crossed!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 68
Artillery wheels are the general term. Check some of the vintage wheel makers including corker tire, vintique ect.

X's 2
If you get on e-bay and search artillery wheels you will find lots of them.
Many of the car companys had a version of them mostly in the mid 30's. Chevrolets seemed to be the most popular.
I believe they are available brand new as well.
Looks like they are running "big and littles". Most likely 16" in back and 15" up front.
Torchie.

Those aren't artillery wheels, they are spare rims. Kinda hard to see from that pic, but they are round holes.

Yes, they are red and made of steel :p

But seriously, I agree with Sam, they appear to be the donut-spare type of wheels painted red.

The rears look like spare rims from a newer dodge truck, probably 17's. You can see in the pic the rear bolt pattern is bigger then the front and looks to be 5.5x5.

First off, thanks for the responses. I think they are spares too, but the offset seems different. I've seen pics with other angles and they seem almost flat.

Spares seem to have a lot of curves

The rears look like spare rims from a newer dodge truck, probably 17's. You can see in the pic the rear bolt pattern is bigger then the front and looks to be 5.5x5.

I was trying to determine that as well. I was thinking the tires made it appear different, but I think you may be right.

So after extensive research they are indeed spares. Lots of size options. Thanks everyone for the help. . . Hopefully she'll be rolling by turkey run

Latest posts

Back