Customizations you don't understand

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhoh
My daily driver is a one ton dually turbo diesel
I drive a tough looking ratrod
And I love big honking caliber hand cannons....
I better not tell the bad news to my bride to be.

Don't worry Billy, not the same thing. It mostly applies to jacked up 4x4s with huge cartoon tires.
Sadly, the industry now thinks that's what everyone wants so you can't even buy a new F-150 that you can't see in the bed if you are under 6' tall. Even though it has no more clearance than a truck made in the 70s.

Last edited:
Don't worry Billy, not the same thing. It mostly applies to jacked up 4x4s with huge cartoon tires.
Sadly, the industry now thinks that's what everyone wants so you can't even buy a new F-150 that you can see in the bed if you are under 6' tall. Even though it has no more clearance than a truck made in the 70s.

i never understood the tonka trucks either.
and the chrome testicles?[S

don't understand big $$ and fancy paint.. the real deal is metal and rawness.. build everything creative, whatever metal in the garage use.. every trip to an auto parts store is a failure.. form follows function..all about you and performance...make everything..changing DNA baby!!

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion since I've seen plenty of people do it here, but I don't like people turning 4 doors into 2 doors. Rock the 4 door, it's more unique. Everyone has a 2 door. Besides that, I'd like to be able to fit more than passenger in my car.

most stock 4 doors are essentially 4 little doors on a 2 door designed body
if were talkign caddy regency 88 electra caprice well yeah but if were talking nova chevelle etc I cant get in and out of a 4 door
the doors on a 2 door nova are almost too small for me

An Idea that's been brewing. I've been building this in my head for a while. i have an extra cab lying around too.
A sketch of an unmodified 76 ford supercab
76 ford uncutrrr.JPG

And a sketch of one with modification.
Frame built to application of course
*Body channeled
*Sectioned by removing the indent from the side of the body. this would clean up any attempt at fabricating a firewall
*Top chopped some
*Roughly12"-16" removed from the center of the body
*Windsheild split to accomoodate the narrower body
*steel dash from older vehicle
* door glass is curved, straighten channels for custom cut flat glass (due to chop) and eliminate the vent windows

76 ford cutrrr.JPG

Last edited:
most stock 4 doors are essentially 4 little doors on a 2 door designed body
if were talkign caddy regency 88 electra caprice well yeah but if were talking nova chevelle etc I cant get in and out of a 4 door
the doors on a 2 door nova are almost too small for me

Most 4-doors are on the wheelbase of a 2-door, but not a "2-door designed body". The rooflines and proportions are different. The 2-doors have long doors so it's easier to access the back seat.

It's too bad you don't fit, but I love my 4-door '62 Bel Air and wouldn't trade it for any 2-door. In fact, they're often not really small doors, the back doors on my '62 have wheelwell cutouts in them, so they're much farther back than '62 2-doors would have access.

bel air wouldn't be that bad snopro
somethign like a dart duster or nova though ouuch
I generally need the seat almost all the way back
this is my poor old 68 nova

Barn find.jpg

this is my 4 door project

attachment.php

attachment.php

I really wasn't interested in the car at first I was just searching CL for diesels
it's called Mohave interior 1978 and 1979 fleet wide option and Olds only sold 800 cars with it
It's like a thick dense terrycloth with a short pile to it like a carpet... very comfortable
I found an old upholstery supplier that had about 100 sq yards of it i wanted to score but I lost the connection.
Super rare stuff

I'll probably catch some flack for this but bagged cars, just so you can lay them on the ground. A car laying on the ground just looks wrong to me. And also the big bling 20-22 inch wheels on old cars.

ouch!! that's a shot to my gut!!! lmao I understand no hard feeling, I built a 1993 4dr blazer on a custom frame with 20s-22s and it lays on the rockers[cl I would like to think its more of a way of the younger generation to build something different and cool just like people with rat rods that sit the body a inch or two off the ground.

one thing I hate to see is when people stretch the front end out a mile long, I don't understand it....

Latest posts

Back