Started wrenching on my 51 f-1 today!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My frame is enroute!!

Well,

After weeks of preparation and alot of negotiation - my Spirit Industries 27 T BBC frame comes home tonight! I'm expecting it to be in my driveway in less than 30 minutes. Excited doesn't begin to describe my thoughts right now. I've been anticipating this for months! Yes, pictures will be posted by tomorrow. It's dark now and they just wouldn't do it justice.

Ah oh!! I've got to go, it's HERE??? DAMN!! THAT WAS QUICK!!!:eek::eek:

Thunder1

Waiting....

Man that guy doesnt know how to use a damn camera...:D:D ( we already talked about this...HELL I dont even know how to post pics..!! roflmao..):eek: How long is this going to take..? Theres an Olds 3x2 intake with carbs on EVILBAY I need..!! I dont why I need it..maybe build an Olds motor....I WANT 3 CARBS on my damn engine...!!!:cool: I WILL BE cool...!!! ITS FOR SALE...!!! Buy this Horse Drawn Hearse SO I can afford MORE goodies...* Peeks into mail box..* Hmmmm still no pics...:p

Attachments

• MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 21
That's EXACTLY where I've been DMW! :D I stared so long my flashlight went dead!! :( I told you guys It was dark here when it showed up. Pictures tonight would have been a total waste of time. My camera sucks at night. It's gonna rain tomorrow & Weds. so I PROMISE TO GET PICTURES POSTED AS SOON AS THE RAIN CLEARS OUT LATER IN THE WEEK!! One thing you can do is look at DMW56's 51 f-1 build thread. This is the same frame he used. I planned on having it here earlier in the day for some pictures but my plans got jacked. My buddy picked it up this afternoon and then had to make another delivery before he could get it to my house tonight. Man, I'm really excited to finally get it. The welds are top notch and well, it's just a very cool frame! :cool: I'd recommend Spirit Industries to anybody who's looking for a very well made yet relatively inexpensive frame! I had to do a lot of work tonight to get it under cover before the rain hits by mid day tomorrow so that's what took me this long to post again. I really don't want it to start rusting up anytime soon. Like I told DMW56, I'm not exactly well equipped to store anything related to my build yet (NO GARAGE) but next month I should have it inside for the winter. That being the case, I need to get some good primer on it at least within the next couple of days don't you think? It's well protected from the rain right now but only for so long. Well, I'm exhausted from all the excitement. I'm off to get some sleep!

Thanks for all the comments guys! Even your's Coffinmaker!! :D :D

Thunder1 - Pat

Last edited:
Man that guy doesnt know how to use a damn camera...:D:D ( we already talked about this...HELL I dont even know how to post pics..!! roflmao..):eek: How long is this going to take..? Theres an Olds 3x2 intake with carbs on EVILBAY I need..!! I dont why I need it..maybe build an Olds motor....I WANT 3 CARBS on my damn engine...!!!:cool: I WILL BE cool...!!! ITS FOR SALE...!!! Buy this Horse Drawn Hearse SO I can afford MORE goodies...* Peeks into mail box..* Hmmmm still no pics...:p

Now that IS cool!!! Having been a licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer for 17 years I can totally relate to the hearse Coffinmaker! My grandfather was taken on his last ride in one really similar to that one - but minus the skulls!

Congrats T-1. I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks starting in the morning so I may not be able to see your pics for a while. You are right. You should get a coat of primer on your chassis to protect it if you can't get it out of the weather. Most non-epoxy primers are porous though and will eventually let the moisture through.

Have you ever heard of this product? I've never used it but have heard good things about it. People use it on their cars with no paint.

http://www.thehotrodcompany.com/shopnow/show_search.asp?keyword=gibbs&image1.x=28&image1.y=30

GIBBS Brand
Penetrating Oil & Lubricate

GIBBS Brand Penetrating Oil & Lubricant was invented by Paul Gibbs, a Harley-Davidson mechanic with a background in chemistry. GIBBS Brand was the first penetrant to ever become patented, establishing a new category in the Library of Congress. It is the only penetrant / lubricant / waterproofer available that undercoats metal and can be painted over. Anything treated with GIBBS will not attract dust or dirt.

GIBBS Brand is a revolutionary, patented product that works in all temperatures to clean and eliminate corrosion, to waterproof, and to lubricate mechanical hardware. It's even safe to use on various materials including metal, plastic, vinyl, rubber, and wood! It is highly praised in law enforcement, GIBBS Brand has a well-proven track record with the FBI, custom firearm manufacturers and both the Chicago and Detroit police departments. The ultimate cleaning agent, GIBBS Brand is a supreme penetrating, lubricating, and universal surface conditioning fluid that not only prevents rust, but actually reverses oxidation.

GIBBS Brand Penetrating Oil & Lubricant is a commercial grade product that will replace all of your other penetrants, degreasers, and spray on lubricants.

- Protect & preserve all types of bare metal - the perfect tool for the metal fabricator
- Detailing all vinyl, leather, wood, metal and painted surfaces
- Degrease automotive parts and engine compartments
- Elimination and reversal of rust
- Ultra lubrication of all automobile mechanisms and assemblies
- Frees corroded gears, engines, hinges and bolts
- Remove surface rust from chrome and painted surfaces
- Lubricate & waterproof hinges, latches and locks, machinery and industrial equipment

GIBBS Brand Penetrating Oil & Lubricate contains no abrasives, acids, arsenic, carcinogens, corrosives, graphite, kerosene bases, masking perfumes, pigments, silicones, Teflon or waxes. Available in 12 oz. spray cans and 2 oz. pump spray bottles. The small spray bottle is a perfect size for your tool box and can be refilled from the 12 oz. spray can.

No, I haven't heard of it before now Don. It sounds like something I should check out. If I could waterproof/rustproof the frame I'd rather do that opposed to having to paint it actually. It's worth a try to see how it performs.

Thanks for the suggestion! You too Gastrick!

Pat

Thanks for posting the pics to the thread DMW!

That's one good looking frame right there! It continues to rain here so mine is still wrapped up tight. No pictures on this end until things dry out alot here. We've had over 2" fall since yesterday. We've been in a bad drought over the past several months and I'm actually glad to see some rain despite the risk of rust to the frame. I'm gonna pick up some Gibbs possibly today and get it on the frame. It needs all the protection I can give it right now.

Thunder1

Last edited:
Thunder 1. It's got to be hard to wait to see your new frame. I have only been able to find Gibbs through mail order and they make you buy a case. If you find a retail outlet, please post it. Thanks. Bob

Yes, it's makin me nuts! It's still packaged in the shipping material and it's just my luck it had to start raining before I could even get it unwrapped! However, this is a coincedence Bob! I just signed on to look at the post DMW56 put up about the Gibbs product. I wanted to make sure I had the product info right before I started calling around for it. I wondered about it's retail availability so I guess I'll find out. If I find it, I'll post it.

Thanks!

Thunder1 - Pat

Last edited:
I just ordered two 24 oz. cans from "Jerry Ostalecki's-GetGibbs.com" website. $23.98 + $12.25 S&H. www.getgibbs.com

It appears that this stuff is about the best out there for what I need it for. Check out the website. It's got some great information on what can be done with it. It's pretty amazing what all it can do. I really appreciate all the help and information guys! I'll let you know how it works when I get it put on. I just hope I bought enough to do the entire frame???

Thunder1

Latest posts

Back