How much does this cost!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I've had several questions lately about how much it costs to run a site like this since there is discussion on the other side about it. It is no real secret... vBulletin software is a one time expense of $160 & then this account costs $14.95 a month. This is no sweetheart deal or anything... that's how much it costs for my servers' most expensive version. They also had a smaller package for $9.95 that I could have used. I have been using the same server since 1995 & they have only gone down once in all that time (just watch... they'll probably go down tonight or tomorrow). That's the story! There will always be small qlitches but that's just part of the gig! Also... it is no easy task to get all this up & running & to keep it running. I could have never done it without the Tripper Jr., he's the real techmeister & workhorse here!

BoB

Last edited:
Cheap therapy!!!

Have you thought up any creative ways to help offset your costs?

Yeah... I just took in all the coke bottles & alum cans I collected on the side of the road!!! ; - >

This is the Best & cheapest therapy I have ever had!!!

BoB

Last edited:
many thanks for setting up the board tripper, that sounds very reasonable considering everything you get as far as board features. I'm sure as the board gets bigger the opportunity to make money will come up on it's own, i'd bet this site will eventually pay for itself one way or another.

many thanks for setting up the board tripper, that sounds very reasonable considering everything you get as far as board features. I'm sure as the board gets bigger the opportunity to make money will come up on it's own, i'd bet this site will eventually pay for itself one way or another.

Joe,
Not gonna have ads or anything. This is my hobby & I have a job but I have learned more here & @ KB from all these guys in the last 6 months than from all my years of hot rodding & reading every car book I can get my hands on. All these hot rod forums are an incredible source of info like nothing else. I have been looking hi & lo for a new bed pan for my '57 Ranchero & lo & I mentioned something about it... & someone knew of a place & turned me on to it! I have been looking for at least 5 years & had been told there was no such thing! It's like a car mag that you can ask questions & get the answer pronto! You gotta love it! Sorry... it's Miller time... didn't mean to go on so much!

BoB <---- pass the BBQ & brewsky!!!

Nice job on this one Tripper,

I've stayed away from Vbulletin because of the expense, and have chosen to use phpBB on all my other boards instead. I don't have a few of the luxuries of this site, but if I pay a small monthly fee I can. Right now my site is sitting dormant until I see that my club members will handle it properly, then I'll open it up to the members. Maybe one day I'll open a public site.

Just as good!

have chosen to use phpBB on all my other boards instead.

Lakota,
My son recommended that too but since most sites used vB I was more familiar with it & so were many others I thought it would be easier for everyone. I think both are just as good though.

BoB

This is my hobby & I have a job but I have learned more here & @ KB from all these guys in the last 6 months than from all my years of hot rodding & reading every car book I can get my hands on. All these hot rod forums are an incredible source of info like nothing else. .................It's like a car mag that you can ask questions & get the answer pronto! You gotta love it! ... it's Miller time...

I agree with you on the above, Tripper. You can't have found more usefull & gladly given knowledge in one place as here. Which is why I come by,,,,,,pics are nice, too. As for Miller time,,,,,your right again !!

i figured you weren't in it for the money, it's nice to know you really arn't though and you really just wanted a cool place to swap info. kudos again on the site.

I stumbled onto this site while roaming the net. I've been on a lot of different sites. I've been told that I'm stupid for putting a TPI in my 50f1 more times than I can count. I started out on this site the same way I've started on all of them. By telling about my plans for the truck. This is the FIRST site that I"VE been on that I got positive feed back. So I just want to say I think I'll stay here for a while and see how it goes. Tripper I hold up a frosty beverage to you. Thanks for this site. ............RUSTY

big thnks tripper for starting this site..i'm liking it a lot,i have to tell ya it fun.i found the site from the guys talking about it on kb...it seems like everybody is shy over there,a lot of lookers and no posting going on....only my thought...rooster

big thnks tripper for starting this site..i'm liking it a lot,i have to tell ya it fun.i found the site from the guys talking about it on kb...it seems like everybody is shy over there,a lot of lookers and no posting going on....only my thought...rooster
I'll agree with you on that seem only a few of us post over there but like both places equally:D

Latest posts

Back