Hey all

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyboy3141

Hey all, I'm Dan. I own a 92 Ford Ranger. I know, it's a little newer than most rat rods. But I have heard of plenty of newer vehicles being "ratrodized." I am planning on doing a little work to my ranger, but what would you guys do to it? It is a 1992 Ford Ranger XLT supercab, 2WD.

Welcome to RRR! Lower it - which requires a kit for those front I-beams. Steel wheels. And if it were mine, I'd be looking for a early 70's Courier or Mazda grill - something with round headlights - I'm sure that would take some serious body work to make fit right.

Other not so helpful answers that crossed my mind: Sell it and by a cool old truck. Use it to drive around and find a cool old truck to buy. [ddd

Welcome from SoCal. [cl
or you could just look for a cool old truck body and learn how to swap newer for older. [;)
Keep us informed and send some pictures along, we like pictures. [P

Makes me think of the old joke, someone is asking directions and the reply was "you can't get there from here". That late model body can't provide the deep down satisfaction that riding in a relic from the 30's, 40's or 50's will. Welcome to the board Dan and we are already interested to see what you decide.

Welcome from Flawda! Keep looking for an old relic you can afford, then build what you want, one piece at a time...

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
You asked for opinions, well sir----- you'll get mine. I started out with an '87 Ranger, extended cab, two wheel drive. With that I was able to bluff my way onto this forum. My secret is simple; take the cab and box off the Ranger, shorten the frame 13.9 inches just in front of the back of the cab, and mount a '36 Ford truck on the new frame.
My thread is '36 Ford truck on Ranger' if you want to check on what I did to a Ranger.
Go for it.

Attachments

• make hotrod 013.jpg
    make hotrod 013.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 36cab on nodoors.jpg
    36cab on nodoors.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
My secret is simple; take the cab and box off the Ranger, shorten the frame 13.9 inches just in front of the back of the cab, and mount a '36 Ford truck on the new frame.

I was thinking about trying to modify an old 30s or 40s body to fit what I've got. But it is nothing but a nagging thought at this moment

Just so everyone gets the drift, I am working on the 92 Ranger. Not looking for another truck. The Ranger. That's it. I asked people's opinion on what to do to the Ranger. Not what I should replace it with. It's not happening. I'm keeping my truck.

Here's a picture of the way the truck looked before I started work. I am out of town right now without the truck and cant take any pictures in it's present condition, but this will tell you enough

Attachments

• 10915070_374430339408690_7389334192333832726_o.jpg
    10915070_374430339408690_7389334192333832726_o.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back