Help, How to remove spark plug wire loom

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetondodge

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to remove vintage spark plug wire looms(Collector?) and still be able to reuse it? From what I can see its two pieces crimped together, I really like the way it looks, real old school and I would like to reuse it on my new plugs.

any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thank you,
Paul

here is a pic of the spark plug wire loom
IMGP0170.jpg

Your not going to use the old wires are you if not then cut one end then pull them out one at a time then put the new ones in the same way thats what I did hope this helps

Your not going to use the old wires are you if not then cut one end then pull them out one at a time then put the new ones in the same way thats what I did hope this helps

Thank you, I am not going to use the old wires. Since I posted my question I was playing around with it and pulled one of the crimped ends of the wire off, I will be able to pull it through,

I do not have my new ones in, but I assume they will be similar to the old ones(ordered from vintagepowerwagons), Do I just feed the new ones through and then slide the little rubber protecter over the wire and crimp on the ends?

Sorry, I realize this may be simple enough, but I've never delt with old plug wires, not sure how they work,

Thanks for your reply
Paul

Latest posts

Back