'14 Suzuki Burgman Rebirth

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilit Everrun

Hello all,

Its been a while for me posting between life and other stuff. I have been lurking in the back, but haven't hand anything to post lately...

Until now. I wanted to show you guys what happens when I get bored and what makes my wife reach for the divorce lawyers' speed dial button.

So a couple years ago I bought a used Suzuki Burgman 200cc scooter. I love riding it but correctly felt like a dweeb.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 24
I always had an idea of doing something different with it. I had to do some service on it and to do so had to take the front end apart to get to the parts.

Once I started I couldn't stop...

And ended up with this:

Attachments

• stripped.jpg
    stripped.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 28
So I looked around the shop and started digging through my pile of scraps.

I dug out an old motorcycle seat...

And the remains of some rear fenders from a 55 dodge pickup, and some parts from a '46 and a '29 Ford...

I stripped off the factory air box and fitted the seat.

seat fit.jpg

I started puttering around till I thought it looked good.
I split the fender pieces down and welded them together. I cut out the hole for the seat

Attachments

• rear end.jpg
    rear end.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 24
  • seat side fitment 1.jpg
    seat side fitment 1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 21
worked the seat till it felt right...

Attachments

• seat side fitment 2.jpg
    seat side fitment 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 18
  • seat side fitment 1.jpg
    seat side fitment 1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 16
  • seat parts.jpg
    seat parts.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 18
At the same time I started in on the front end...

And added a little front fender...

I used some of the Dodge fender scraps and added the little skirt above the fender.

You can see that I had an old desk lamp in my Pile-O-Scraps. That and the inner part of a wheelbarrow wheel transformed into a headlight bucket.

Attachments

• front 1.jpg
    front 1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 20
  • front fender.jpg
    front fender.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 22
I bent up some conduit to make the cowl and the dash board...

You can also see I was playing around with the original windshield. I cut off the bottom, which had a crack in it, and drilled new holes to mount it.

It seemed to fit.

Attachments

• dash 1.jpg
    dash 1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 18
  • cowl side.jpg
    cowl side.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
Pulled it all apart and cut the hole for the dash, I was holding my breath the whole time. Came out well enough. Not a perfect fit but I'm not planning on riding in the rain anyway.

Attachments

• dash 2.jpg
    dash 2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 24
I found an old horn that I had bought years ago and hooked it up to a modern air horn. It sounds like a cruise ship.

I made a battery box out of a plastic trailer fender (bottom corner of pic), and made some foot boards from some maple I had laying around.

Attachments

• horn 1.jpg
    horn 1.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Tripper!

So it all went back together and took it for a test ride. The front end bumped into the fender going over any kind of a bump. When ever it happened there was a huge thud and I would loose steering.---Horrifying!!!--- The seat also pinched my thighs and a$$ as I bumped along.

It was a short test ride.

I came back and took off the front fender, it looked a lot better without it so I decided not to rebuild it, and threw it back in the scrap pile. It rides great now. The seat kept pinching me and it had a few holes in it from the build, and was 40 years old any way, so I had it re-done.

Its done!! (for now) Although everyone asks when I'm going to paint it-Haha!-

Sorry for the suddenness of the post but I wanted to get it on the sight, but only recently found my pass word.

I started the project May 13th finished July 3rd.

thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• done front 1.jpg
    done front 1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 25
  • done fron 2.jpg
    done fron 2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 24
  • done rear.jpg
    done rear.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 22
  • done side.jpg