Chopping a 50 chev fleetline

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 slikwilly

Hey guys,, anybody out there ever chopped a 50 chev fleetline, or simular car,,, we are needing a few pointers on the process , especally the rear window and trunk area.
Plan on a chassis swap also,, just not sure what chassis would work best,, someone mentioned a 80"s Monte carlo on a link somewhere

thanks in advance,, :D

its alot of work, but for the trunk area you pie cut the whole thing and go up threw the sail panel there.

lil photoshop i just threw together
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• fleetline.jpg
    fleetline.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 50chevy2.jpg
    50chevy2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 245
Or you go all the way back to the rear pan and drop the trunk and all - no need to slice the roof that way, but your fenders kind of turn into fins.

No matter what, you leave the rear window alone.

The g-body frame is very close track width wise. I used a 85 Cutlass under my 48 Olds. It'll need to be stretched. And I just chopped 4" too. I'm not sure I'm the one to take lessons from since it was my first chop and I like to do things different, but the link is in my Sig.

I also have several saved links on chopping slope-backs I could dig up when I'm on my MAC.

Hey thanks Guys,, those links have a bunch of stuff to look over,, surely somwething in ther will work'
I Don't particulary like the chop where the trunk goes completely down to the bumper line,, make the fenders look more like fins,,
Not sure if a section will be done at the same time,, but its looking more like it probably will,,
I also like getting rid of the crown on the roof,,
This is definately gonna be a MAJOR project,,
Done a few chops.. 39Chev coupe, 30 A Sedan, 56 Metro, but those were rather easy ones compared to what this will be,

Attachments

• 100_0285-2.JPG
    100_0285-2.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 68 Camaro 062.jpg
    68 Camaro 062.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 68 Camaro 065.jpg
    68 Camaro 065.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0287-2.JPG
    100_0287-2.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 17
I Don't particulary like the chop where the trunk goes completely down to the bumper line,, make the fenders look more like fins,,

It takes some extra work to avoid that.

Man I like that,, sittin in da weeds.. looks like you chopped up the neighbors truck too.. and a couple of the houses [cl[cl[dr[S

Collateral damage. Well worth it. :D

What happened to the Nash???

In like where is it at? The owner wanted to sell it but that didn't happen, so he has been doing a few more mods to it,, like removable panels on the rear fenders to change tires Etc, 10 Point certified cage,
Its a never ending project actually.. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back