Klink's 1930 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trusses were set today. I came home for lunch hoping to watch a little crane activity but they were already done.

Attachments

• 7_trusses.jpg
    7_trusses.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 8_trusses.jpg
    8_trusses.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for paying attention to my build. It's been 9 months since I've been able to work on my car. Not having a workspace has been making me crazy. This week has been a very exciting week, I'm getting closer to getting back to my car. Getting this shop functional is also going to be fun, I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait until my '30 is the center piece in this new shop.

More progress today, the girts are all in place and the porch has been framed. Lots of other small tasks have been completed as well. Tomorrow the roof is supposed to go on. The builder promised my wife the building would be up by Friday when she gets home from Korea.

Attachments

• 9_porch.jpg
    9_porch.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 10_porch.jpg
    10_porch.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 33
Coming along

Getting closer. The builder promised it would be ready to turn over to the concrete crew on Monday; I have my doubts. The forecast for rain has been pushed back so how can they rut up my yard when the ground is dry and hard? The crew will be back tomorrow so we'll see. I am still very happy with the progress.

Attachments

• 15_siding.jpg
    15_siding.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 16_siding.jpg
    16_siding.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 17_siding.jpg
    17_siding.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 18_siding.jpg
    18_siding.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 50
super close

This build is starting to stress me out a little. A few of my buddies are surprised at how fast this thing came together but I need it to be done. The building isn't done yet, all that's left is the concrete, overhead doors and cupola. The concrete is supposed to start in the morning... the first truck is scheduled for 7:30am. If all goes well the building should be done next week. Then the fun will begin.

Attachments

• 19_pre-concrete.jpg
    19_pre-concrete.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 22_pre-concrete.jpg
    22_pre-concrete.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 38
  • 23_pre-concrete.jpg
    23_pre-concrete.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 40
September 22nd
I'm hoping to have it powered and heated by the end of November.

September 30th
This build is starting to stress me out a little. A few of my buddies are surprised at how fast this thing came together but I need it to be done.

Your goal was the first quote :)

It may seem like a month but in reality, there's only been 8 days go by ;)

Relax and enjoy the ride, Bud. This is gonna be freakin great when done [cl :cool:

September 22nd

September 30th

Your goal was the first quote :)

It may seem like a month but in reality, there's only been 8 days go by ;)

Relax and enjoy the ride, Bud. This is gonna be freakin great when done [cl :cool:

Thanks, I know I should just relax and enjoy the fact I'm not doing the hard part. This is the first time I've ever turned over a project like this to someone else. Harder than I thought.

Thanks, I know I should just relax and enjoy the fact I'm not doing the hard part. This is the first time I've ever turned over a project like this to someone else. Harder than I thought.

It is always harder when you don't pull the trigger.. it looks great! Soon enough you will be enjoying it from the inside... BTW I love the idea of doors on both ends :D

The concrete floor is in! The approaches for the overhead doors and porch will be done tomorrow. I certainly didn't mean to high jack my own build with another build but I kind of see them as related.

Good for you on the cement.:) That's always a huge sign of progress.
Your build thread is what ever you say it is and "Building" a new shop,moving,stops and starts are all a part of it. Unless you are on a silly car show on the idiot box where everything gets done in the time frame of 1 hr.:eek:
Torchie.

Two weeks ago my build site was prepped for the builder. Today the last of the concrete was poured. Tomorrow they'll cut it and next Wednesday the overhead doors should be installed then I can get my final. It'd be sweet if my final came just 3 weeks after the project was started.

Latest posts

Back