Sheets & Giggles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorites, SC. They'll look great on the roadster.

I was watching a Jets hockey game and I thought I saw Saxxon's name on the boards. Could that be?

Just keep chipping away .. I got the brakes bled and had to reconfigure my brake handle slightly to reduce the travel required. Nothing photo worthy there.

The rules require a toe strap that can pull back the throttle pedal in the event of a broken return spring. Since there is very little foot room in this car I was having trouble visualizing what I could do. Anyway, an epiphany a couple of days ago and the pictures show what I came up with. Rather pleased with it. The switch on the steering wheel is for the trans brake. It will do for now until I find a push button that I like.

I added a quick coupler to enable charging or boosting the battery without having to remove body parts to get at it.

And finally the new wheels arrived. Got the tires mounted and balanced and have almost recovered from the coronary induced by the bill at the tire shop. $180 to take the tires off the old rims, mount them and balance them and includes the taxes we get to pay anytime money changes hands around here. I thought that was a little steep but maybe I'm behind the time when it comes to getting anything done.

The new paint job may be ready this coming weekend and I'll have some more to do then. For now I've run out of parts to install (and money to buy some more) so things are happening a little slowly. I will be ordering everything I need in the next week or so and hoping I find money to pay for them before the credit card bill arrives. :D

The car has been entered into the local "Rodarama" car show happening at the end of April so everything has to be done by then. Here's hoping.

Attachments

• IMG_1031.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 45
The toe loop looks great, good work [cl
I won't ask what the wheels alone cost but they sure look good. [cl[dr
We pay about $25 a wheel for what you had done :cool:

I found that going to a general auto repair shop with tire changing & balancing equipment is cheaper. Not cheap, but cheaper.

I had a loop on the gas pedal but it was a real irritation so I took it off. The techs haven't checked for one so far.

Are you planning on an engine diaper just in case...?

Tell Saxxon I think the Jets look more like a soccer team than a hockey team. Except for the Minnesota boys carrying the team.:D

Are you planning on an engine diaper just in case...?

:D

Yes Bob, I have a diaper for it. Just in case it decides to poop the crank out the bottom of the pan.

Unfortunately I also have to buy a new fire suit, gloves, boots and helmet. This car requires minimum -15 suit, etc. so there goes another couple thousand dollars. :( At least its only money!

And in today's news ....

I guess this makes it official!

Finally! :) Now I can start getting serious about designing my shop. [cl[cl[cl

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 49
Got the plumbing all done .... dang, that stuff is expensive. Looks nice though :)

Painted the floor, seat and side panels black and put them back in tonight. Have the roll bar padding in place and the seat belts are installed. And the drive shaft arrived and has been installed.

That's it!!! The painter has promised the body for Sunday and I'll be able to drop it on then. Drop in the mag, add some fluids and fire it up. Oh yeah, still have to set the pinion angle. And I'm sure there will be some clearance issues to solve to hook up the line to the oil pressure gauge. But, essentially its done!

Took me long enough! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Paint1.jpg