The fun never ends...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update to let people know I'm still alive. Little sore today. Got some swelling and I believe it's already receding. Pretty hard to talk or swallow. Got to pay good attention to treating this for infection. Am using the antibiotics they prescribed me, cleansing with salt water, and neosporin on the outer damage.
I'll be ok.

Holy Chit man!!! What ws it, old style revolver? Once when I was very young, I was twirling and fast drawing an old style 357 six shooter, dropped it and watched in slow-mo as it hit the ground on the hammer with me looking right down the barrel. I quit practicing fast draw that very day, scared the crap out of me.
If you don't now realize there is a God and he has a purpose for you, you probably never will,lol.

Next time someone tells you to bite the bullet, tell them you already have, and it was no fun![ddd

Good to hear you're feeling OK. One of the worst things had to be explaining to the law how it happened. I believe I'd blamed it on the dog!:D

Take care of it and hopefully you'll heal up good.

Holy Chit man!!! What ws it, old style revolver? Once when I was very young, I was twirling and fast drawing an old style 357 six shooter, dropped it and watched in slow-mo as it hit the ground on the hammer with me looking right down the barrel. I quit practicing fast draw that very day, scared the crap out of me.
If you don't now realize there is a God and he has a purpose for you, you probably never will,lol.

Exposed hammer, exposed trigger 45 Colt derringer. It was a dumb accident is all. Guys, we just got thru a hurricane. Place is torn up. People of all sorts moving around during this. Most are land and property owners trying to scrape together what is left. Some are people trying to clear things up like power linemen and sub contractors doing their jobs. Unfortunately, there are also people that are "opportunists" too. Looking to get away with theft while things are in an uproar. When those situations exist, you can bet your ass I'm carrying where ever I go. This is how it happened. I don't normally just toss this piece on the seat, but I had just encountered some people back here where they shouldn't be. My property is really private. The driveway is over a mile long. There are several other owners of property here, but I'm the only one that lives here. The gate is locked at the highway and you just don't see people back here unless they are owners or family and friends of owners. Outside of that, an occasional power worker or sub in this case. It is also opening season for archery this last weekend and I get some trespassers during this time too...When I roll up and challenge anybody in here I don't recognize, figure there's a gun in my hand already. I did have one and when I challenged and found out the situation, I slid the gun up under my left leg on the front seat. When I got to the gate and went to get out of the truck, when I turned to slide out of the truck, I knocked the gun to the ground. Unfortunately the cross-bar safety was not on because I just had it in go mode and forgot to put the safety back on.

Not to sound like a dick but I would rethink the secure feeling of a gun to protect me when you can shoot yourself in the face with it, spit out the bullet and go home to do chores.
And sorry you've had all the other stuff to deal with there bro. You are a trooper.

Not to sound like a dick but I would rethink the secure feeling of a gun to protect me when you can shoot yourself in the face with it, spit out the bullet and go home to do chores.
And sorry you've had all the other stuff to deal with there bro. You are a trooper.

Deputys that stopped by the hospital also came up with the same idea. They asked if it was a reload..."nope, Winchester factory round" One of them suggested getting new ammo..."might be right" I don't even try to understand it anymore. Take a look at the pill I spit out and tell me it was lacking any zip with the way the bullet deformed and tell me it wasn't moving. It was God's choice to let me get by this one. The very short barrel on the pistol probably gives it some loss on velocity. I don't think you get all the powder burn inside a short barrel. Anyway, I'm healing. The swelling is going down and the pain is going away. I've been doing everything I could do before except eating easy and it's getting less painful to talk.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0501.jpg
    DSCN0501.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 23
Dang Smallfoot! Glad you came out of this one OK. There is always the old woulda-coulda-shoulda theory but crap is going to happen. All we can do is thank God we are able to wake up and be able to get vertical.

I always carry some kind of handgun in today's vicious world. One of which is a Bond Arms "Snake Slayer" derringer with a .45 acp barrel. I will probably think of you every time I slide it into my pocket but I will continue to carry my "little buddy" cause no one else is gonna be there to protect me and my loved ones from the crazies. C O V E R - Y O U R - O W N - A $ $!!!!!!

Yessir Pops. I'm out away from town and if there's trouble, usually you have to take care of yourself. I told this to the sheriff deputy..."when seconds count, police are only minutes away". I just need to remember every time I push the safety off, I need to push it back on when the challenge is over. If I had been heading into something that would have been a "for sure" gunfight, I would be carrying something more substantial. I've been out here by myself for 26 years and I tend to be a little stuffy when I see people wandering around in a place that is locked to public access and clearly posted. This little piece is a pretty good snake gun and that is it's intended purpose mostly.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0504.jpg
    DSCN0504.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN0503.jpg
    DSCN0503.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 51
Handguns don't give me much confidence because i am a terrible shot with one. My protection of choice is a short barreled 12 gauge pump. If the sound of you racking a load doesn't turn them around, might as well just go ahead and shoot,lol. But I do have a few loaded revolvers scattered around.

I've got a Webley air rifle that'll stop a rabid rabbit at 30 feet. And I live in a crime-free zone so no worries.:D

Handguns don't give me much confidence because i am a terrible shot with one. My protection of choice is a short barreled 12 gauge pump. If the sound of you racking a load doesn't turn them around, might as well just go ahead and shoot,lol. But I do have a few loaded revolvers scattered around.

I keep a pump 20ga by the bed, but the most the bad guys are going to to hear is a click of a safety.All my guns stay chambered. :)

That is my go to also...Don't know what loads you use. Most people go for the big 00 or 000 loads. Check your pump out with #4 buckshot if you get the chance and see how it shoots for you. Mucho more pellets at 41 per shell on a 3" magnum. .24 cal pellets

Our county sheriff department is undermanned and spread too thin to be able to respond in a timely manner. I have lots of friends in law enforcement that will tell you the best way to die first is to be second in chambering a round.

Latest posts

Back