So, What is it Really? Another eBay Monster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-Ford-r...ash=item4b21d032ed:g:diEAAOSw~qNZiGv4&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

I've seen some fugly cars but that is right up there with the best of them! :eek:

Zipper

He couldn't figure out what to do for a grill - always the problem. The hack of a chop is another big problem. On second thought, I think there was a lot of potential in this, but he either didn't think it through or doesn't quite have that artistic eye.

My God! I hope he didn't destroy a coupe for that!! :( My guess is he started with a 4dr. At least the roof. I'm not sure about the body, it's hard to see the body lines well. What year are those door hinges?

2005-11-24_47Ford-4Web-Large.jpg

My God! I hope he didn't destroy a coupe for that!! :( My guess is he started with a 4dr. At least the roof. I'm not sure about the body, it's hard to see the body lines well. What year are those door hinges?

2005-11-24_47Ford-4Web-Large.jpg
Exactly. Hinges and pillar are wrong. The body lines are not even close.

I think I will ask the seller. I can't take it any more! :eek:

Exactly. Hinges and pillar are wrong. The body lines are not even close.

I think I will ask the seller. I can't take it any more! :eek:
My question:
Some of my friends and I were discussing your car. We would really like to know what it was when you started. Are there really any 47 Ford parts?

Sellers reply:
The title frame and most of the roof (flat top and rear window) are 47 ford. Its roughly pieces of 149 cars not including aftermarket or raw material parts.

You Guys all applaud, wave your arms, and gurgle out happiness when someone makes a [vehicular] silk purse out of a sows ear, but I don't hear much appreciation for a visionless schmuck that does the same amount of work to a car and makes a sows ear out of a silk purse. What gives? [ddd[ddd:eek:

I think a dude was building this over on KB... i think it started as a civic hatchback.... ill have to do some digging..

Latest posts

Back