Is the winter gas blend worse this year?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
All 4 of my old cars have been running terrible since mid September. I just realized that’s when they switch blends. Maybe they all suddenly needed tune ups at the same time?

Did the gov change blend laws or something?

Not really sure. I just had to do some work on the tank in my 46 and found that the top portion of the tank (I don't usually store it full) had a bunch of rust, as did my fuel sender. This year I'm going to fill it up and put stabilizer in and see if it makes a difference in the spring.

Your winter blend can't be much different than ours???

I can't say I've had any issue with fuel, no matter the time of year... I have heard in the past, however, about certain stations with a contaminated/poor/wrong mixture in their tanks.

As a creature of habit, I buy gas at the same place every possible time... do you have four vehicles all filled at the same place?

Well, not the same station, but we've been buying from Casey's. I used to buy at a local, but they sold to Shell and don't sell 87 pure anymore. My wife always buys there and I have been at (at a couple different stations) for the last 5 months.

It might have been because the weather was so out of season this year plus the change over in gas. It was almost 90 and Arkansas type humidity in late September. It's usually 70's and drying out by now.

I started buying 91 and the weather has changed so I dunno. Seems like it's gotten better, but I also tinkered with 'em too.

I usually notice the change in the Spring with my F100. It gets a little more pep in it. I've never noticed the fall change over though until this year.

Latest posts

Back