Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Undead Sleds... makin' old tin Undead every day! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk

Rat Rod & Hot Rod Talk General discussion of car type stuff!

Old 10-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Brother Rat

Default Is the winter gas blend worse this year?

All 4 of my old cars have been running terrible since mid September. I just realized that’s when they switch blends. Maybe they all suddenly needed tune ups at the same time?

Did the gov change blend laws or something?
Old 10-01-2019, 02:17 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

All of our blends suck year round!

iSore
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Not really sure. I just had to do some work on the tank in my 46 and found that the top portion of the tank (I don't usually store it full) had a bunch of rust, as did my fuel sender. This year I'm going to fill it up and put stabilizer in and see if it makes a difference in the spring.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Your winter blend can't be much different than ours???

I can't say I've had any issue with fuel, no matter the time of year... I have heard in the past, however, about certain stations with a contaminated/poor/wrong mixture in their tanks.

As a creature of habit, I buy gas at the same place every possible time... do you have four vehicles all filled at the same place?

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan
Old 10-01-2019, 11:29 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Four cars, similar issue Hmm...think'n Doc is on to something if you buy from the same source.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Brother Rat

Well, not the same station, but we've been buying from Casey's. I used to buy at a local, but they sold to Shell and don't sell 87 pure anymore. My wife always buys there and I have been at (at a couple different stations) for the last 5 months.

It might have been because the weather was so out of season this year plus the change over in gas. It was almost 90 and Arkansas type humidity in late September. It's usually 70's and drying out by now.

I started buying 91 and the weather has changed so I dunno. Seems like it's gotten better, but I also tinkered with 'em too.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:04 PM
The Rat Captain

Thumbs down Blended

We get summer blend to help with smog
Don't notes any change in performance just in $.52 / gallon +/-
Old 10-06-2019, 10:19 AM
Brother Rat

I usually notice the change in the Spring with my F100. It gets a little more pep in it. I've never noticed the fall change over though until this year.