Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
So I picked up some wheels at a yard sale the other day. 15x10, and 14x7, Shelby slotted

mags. :rolleyes:
P7250151.jpg

So I figgured I should start a build thread. [;)

So now I have started....

There is more to the story than that. There are out there in this world people who want a bad rat rod, but don't have the time or skills to build one. In short I am building this one for someone else. I offered up cab choices from all my cabs, 30-31 Ford, 34 Chevy, 37-38 chevy, 37 Ford, 42 Ford, and even my IH. After careful consideration, he picked the one he liked the most, which turned out to be the one closest to the Bonehead truck. So that is where we will start.

Bonehead: The Foose of Fruita!!!

There must be some kind of hot rod karma, like E-man mentions. As I was looking at your recent metal art postings I was thinking it would be a treat if you would build another hot rod. And now, it's happening.

I hope the owner lets you have free reign.

i have often wondered why you hadent built another one...!

I have to admit that I got a little excited when I saw the Willies grill. Never the less, this looks like a great start, looking forward to the progress.

I have to admit that I got a little excited when I saw the Willies grill. Never the less, this looks like a great start, looking forward to the progress.

The Willys is somewhere further down the line. I have a wagon and two trucks, plus a spare front clip, so something will have to happen with that one.

Almost time for a frame. We are still discussing which cab to use, so bear with us.
When I do start on the frame I will build it on this frame jig. I have used this before, but made a few changes for this project. I like this one, because I park it out back after the frame is built, and I don't have to be on the floor while building a frame. And yes that is 18 inch I beam, very flat.
P8060094.jpg

We are getting closer to a build here. We have been sending pictures, back and forth.
And we have changed cabs a couple of times. So now that we have a cab picked, we have to figure out what we like.
6fords.jpg

Latest posts

Back