Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 PM

Default 350 sb bucket project

This is a project I picked up in a trade for an 1983 shovelhead. (HD). It has a sb 350,edelbrock carb,isky cam,weiland intake,gear drives,roller rockers,4 link rear with coil over in the front,walker radiator,alumnium vlv crvs,glass tub(widened and stretched) ot new head lights ,new wiring harness,350 trans,weld wheels(4.5s and 10s out back!) not sure on the frame yet (it has a partial pan in it under the wood floor) disc and drums. so what do ya think??? truck cab and short bed?? ???? love some input,got about 5 maybe 55 into her??? good?? bad???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 062.jpg (110.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 063.jpg (165.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 064.jpg (82.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 065.jpg (52.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 066.jpg (95.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 067.jpg (128.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 079.jpg (83.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 078.jpg (86.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 076.jpg (92.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 073.jpg (83.0 KB, 72 views)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

You did great. How's the suspension on it? You are at a great point, the major work is done you get to finish it and personalize it. Have fun!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Looks like a sweet deal to me..congrats

"Criticizing a guy's garage is like criticizing his wife. They may not all be beautiful, but it's his and that's where he goes for relaxation, recreation and a place to put his stuff. "
Old 01-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Rough Rodder

With what you can see in the pics, (looks like you didn't include front suspension) it looks great!
But back to that front susp.! What's going on there, is it independent or what?
One thing to keep in mind is glass T-buckets don't really sell that well when finished! So just keep that in mind as building!
If you can get that frontend streightened out without too much cost, I'd say money wise you're in good shape, as long as the engine runs good!!
All in all this could be a very fun rod to drive!!
I LIKE IT!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Looks faaasssttttttttt. I like it

Im not real smart, but I can lift heavy things.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:19 PM

The rear susp. is 4 link( ford 9in i believe),the front is independent with coil over shocks,i WAS hoping it had a dropped spring axel in front when i went to look at it!!!(not that lucky) I know alot of guys dont like independent susp. on the front of a bucket,but im not trying to fool myself that this will be a TRADITIONAL bucket. I kinda like to think of it as a hot rod roadster!! lol
Old 01-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Thanks it did come with ALOT of parts ,new headlights with mounts,proportioning vlv,risidule vlvs,custom front shock mounts(to lose that ugly bar) radius frame corners for the front,wiring harnesses,thru frame brake lines,switches,need to get the body off and post pics of frame for identification,soon,very very soon!!!lol
Old 01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thumbs up Nice Score

Nice find.Looks good with the bucket body it has now.But like the man said,it will sell better with steel body.
Back in middle 1970`s one of my cousins built 2 T buckets at once.His buddy was supplying all the parts and my cousin was doing the fab work.
He had already built a T bucket back in 1969 and it was a great driving car.He even won some trophy`s with it at Columbus County Drag Strip.
Anyway,he built the 2 buckets and traded his bucket to one of his brothers who finished it out with a beautiful Blue metalflake paint job.It had a 327 with turbo 350.1957 Chevy rear axle.And tube front axle with chevy spindles.Also had the Beer Keg gas tank.
We used to cruise Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach on friday and saturday nights and later do some racing down hwy 707.It was a low traffic road back then.
His brother got married a year or so later and sold that bucket for $1500.00
That was a fair price back then.
We have never found out where that bucket went to.Was in Conway about 30 years ago,but we lost touch after that.
He did find the one that was never put on road a few months ago.He went to look at it last weekend.He said both axles had been removed and frame was sitting flat on ground.All that was left was the frame and fiberglass body.The front axle was there but it had been stood with one spindle down in soil and threads were rusted off spindle.He brought the front axle home as a keepsake I guess ,and left the rest.
My hotrod roots were put down in that little bucket.I was never interested in muscle cars much after that.That little bucket would fly.I have been into rods ever since.My next car was a 1948 pontiac.
I will never forget the little blue T bucket.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Rough Rodder

My main concern with the frontend was not that it was independent, it was that as far as we can tell in the pics, it doesn't look strong enough!!
It really doesn;t look like there is any support for the coil overs!! But the pics aren't real clear as to the set up!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Very cool story! Thats the kinda stuff I came to this site to hear.This will be my first real rod build of this magnitude. Ive always played with cars and bikes,now its time to turn it up a notch!