'68 AMC Rambler Rouge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RougeElvis

its not nice and shiny but not a half bad platform

68RamblerRogue004.jpg

68RamblerRogue005.jpg

68RamblerRogue009.jpg

68RamblerRogue010.jpg

i got a 67 220 tudor and a 69 american tudor both are the coupes (post), always liked the hardtops.

i got a 67 220 tudor and a 69 american tudor both are the coupes (post), always liked the hardtops.

I had a '68 American 220 coupe for a couple of months, but when i found this hardtop car i had to have it:D and then sold the post car shortly after

i will keep you all posted but it will be May before i have this car here in colorado:( I moved here from Montana in 2007 and it has taken me four years to get my fleet of projects down here. I have a buddy getting married in may and the Rouge (along with a truck and trailer loaded w/many misc parts) will be my final voyage!

Looks like it's been abused a little, but nothing some TLC won't fix. So what direction are you going to go with it?

I'd get rid of that chunky spoiler on the back. :D

are you going to stay amc power? i hope so because you don't see it much anymore. i got a 304 with a 4 barrle intake and 4 speed to go into the 67, now the 69 is a different story i have collected parts to make a big block olds and straight axle car out of it. i mainly got the 69 for a parts car for the 67 but i just can't let the rest of it get away. i'm starting my shop in the next couple of weeks so right now i'm not doing anything to any of my projects.

that thing is way cool as it sits! 'Course I would drop a turbo LSX into it, mini tub it and keep the dog dish caps but then I am just weird![cl

I'd get rid of that chunky spoiler on the back. :D

i kinda like it... plus it is functional

are you going to stay amc power? i hope so because you don't see it much anymore.

Most definitely will be amc power! i had a 360, but put it in a jeep then sold the jeep. Also had a 390 but was laid off couple years ago and sold it. So am out of V8s but always have my eye out for that great steal;)

As far as what direction... i probably wont know until i have it before me. I have thought of leaving the 232 Typhoon L6 and either turbo or centrifugal supercharger. But am wondering if it will be as much fun as a v8. have also thrown out the idea of a straight axle car but wish i could see one before i decide.

Here's a pic of the Rogue I used to have. 1966, originally a 232/ automatic. I put in an AMC 360/T-10/9" Ford rear w/3.55 gears. Nice cars.

Blue

Attachments

• '66 Rambler.jpg
    '66 Rambler.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 11
i kinda like it... plus it is functional

Most definitely will be amc power! i had a 360, but put it in a jeep then sold the jeep. Also had a 390 but was laid off couple years ago and sold it. So am out of V8s but always have my eye out for that great steal;)

As far as what direction... i probably wont know until i have it before me. I have thought of leaving the 232 Typhoon L6 and either turbo or centrifugal supercharger. But am wondering if it will be as much fun as a v8. have also thrown out the idea of a straight axle car but wish i could see one before i decide.

Too bad you aren't a little closer, I have some killer heads and an Edlebrock RPM Air Gap intake I would love to sell ya. They are all sitting in Ohio.

Besides that I know this is a car site and all but did anyone else happen to see the scenery??? What I wouldn't give to have that out my door!!!

Latest posts

Back