"Dark Sarcasm"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stacks all the way since you're going with peterbuilt emblems, if you can, install some flame throwers so you can shoot flames out the top. that would be cool

ive only got a pic of it when it only had 1 stack i later went to two of em this is a bad cell phone pic the top is slash cut 4 inch chrome tube i got from a truck stop chrome shop i think it was 50 bucks i used a flowmaster 40 series muffler it gave em a low grumble when at idle then got really loud at full pull its a 03 dodge v6

the lilrod truck is one i found on the net that i really like and may copy it for my willys:cool:

Attachments

• pic122006_1.jpg
    pic122006_1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 35InternationalatBeach004.jpg
    35InternationalatBeach004.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 68
Good news, good news, and bad news...

The first good news is that I got off my lazy but yesterday and got some more done on the "Dark Sarcastic One". I'm just about done painting the inside of the truck. I also painted the beauty rings RED to see what they would look like.(looks pretty good too) Might just keep it that way...

The second good news is, I took a few more pics. Mainly of the red beauty rings.

The bad news is that I didn't get to post them due to some problems that I may have caused on KB. (Hang on, not done with bad news yet) More bad news is that "Reason 4" had to take the digital cam to work with her today so I can't post em' till I get home from work today.
(unless Reason4 wants to post them from her work).......Hint,Hint, Hint.........

You turned out to be a real troublemaker Flat.

On a more serious note. Hurry up and POST THE PICS!

Did you order any parts yet?

Ordering more parts tonight. Workin the wood with what I got laying around. Trying to get the wood all the same shade.

You watch, the time I get it all the wood right, the white oak will show up and have to start all over again. sanding, smoothing, polyurethane.....

OK, here are the pics from yesterday...

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 15
Gastrick,
I honestly think that is what I'm gonna do.

Not sure yet. Still got some cuttin and grinding to do under the bed. The final stance is going to be low as a snakes belly. That means I have to c-notch the rear frame. So I'm gonna use some iron plating I have around here to custom build a bolt in piect before I go hackin up the frame rails. Once I get started on that little project, there will be a step-by-step how-to, with lots of pics...

Flat,On your C.Make it up first,Then Find the center of the axle with a plumb bob.Cenetr the C on the rails the wac off the part you need to cut out.If you do it that way you wont have any mialignment issues.Just make sure those welds are good and hot.
IMO

Flat,On your C.Make it up first,Then Find the center of the axle with a plumb bob.Center the C on the rails.weld it in then wac off the part you need to cut out.If you do it that way you wont have any misalignment issues.Just make sure those welds are good and hot.
IMO

Well,
I painted the center caps to match the beauty rings and masked off the little "Bowties" to match the paint job. Looks pretty good to me. I will post some pics later.

Found out that I'm gonna have to take the material somewhere to have it cut for my home built c-notch kit.(that is some thick stuff) But I still may try to have my old boss cut it for me. not sure yet...

Man I hate being broke all the time.....:mad::mad::mad:

Latest posts

Back