New Shop Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few 307's and they were fine. Pulled the cranks out of a few and put them in a 350 block to make a large journal 327. Works pretty good too. But I really like your driveline combination now.

That's a cool idea; didn't know that would work. Got my engine mostly together last night and the frame cleaned up and spray bombed. Should be dropping it back in early next week.

Attachments

• 350.jpg
    350.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 19
  • fr.jpg
    fr.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 20
Got the motor sitting in place, i need to modify the crossmember, cut the hole for the shifter, and start getting everything hooked up this week. Unfortunately the headers I got won't fit so I'm just going to save a few bucks and put the exhaust manifolds on it. Hopefully it'll be ready for a test drive in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 20
Got my crossmember lined out and hole cut for the shifter. I need to build a different shifter handle angled more toward the driver but it looks like it's going to work out good. I think I'm going to be able to make the headers work after all; just need to cut off one tube on the drivers side and re-angle it.

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
Thanks, John; I'm hoping to ready for the Power Tour on June 10th. I sent you a PM ; I have a question regarding VSS connection I thought you might know.

You can look into this from jags that run. Looks like it is about $101 instead of the $300 for the Dakota Digital unit. Scroll down the page a bit to see the unit that has both VSS and cable drive. Though I'm not 100% sure you can run a cable drive on the NV4500 trans...

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/SpeedSensors_Speedometer.html

Attachments

• 2012-04-02_143715_700r4_speed_sensor.jpg
    2012-04-02_143715_700r4_speed_sensor.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 4
Just about got it wrapped up. I really wanted to put new exhaust on but it just wasn't in the budget right now. When I put the 307 in I just built a dual 2 1/4" y pipe and took it into a 3" single with a MagnaFlow muffler so I went ahead and redid the Y pipe to fit the headers for now.

Everything is pretty much back together, got my shifter built, clutch is working good and engine sounds good. Even got the A/c working which is a plus. Just need to program a chip for it, change the shock and brakes, and it's ready for a road test.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 17
I've been driving the van all week and it seems to be running great except the clutch pedal is really stiff. I took it to a friend of mine who is an old circle track racer and he said the piston diameter in the stock clutch master cylinder looks really small (1/2") and is probably not moving a big enough volume of fluid to move the slave cylinder easily. So I'm going to switch to a Wilwood clutch master with a 1" piston bore; should solve the problem, I hope. No time to do it before the Power Tour this week so I'll live with it for the trip. My left leg should be in good shape by the time I get home!

Latest posts

Back