38 Plymouth coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steering gear install looks good. You should be able to snake the shaft(s) wherever you need them to clear things.

Finally got some time today to work on the coupe. I decided to make a new steering arm. I happen to have an extra set of the flat arms. I took one set and made one arm out of the two.
IMG_0262.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG

I've been picking away at this for the last couple of weeks. Work schedule had changed, not giving me any time to do much. Now it has changed again, giving me time during the week to work/play with my toys again.
So after getting the steering sorted out, I got the nose fitted on and made supports for it.
IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG
IMG_0294.JPG

Then got the radiator fitted in.
IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

So I mounted the wheels and tires and finally let the car down to see how it sits. IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

I am very HAPPY with the way it sits/ looks. Just like I hoped.
Now on to more bodywork.

Thanks guys. It took a really long time to decide on wheels and tires. I really had wanted to go with 10" wheels and tires in the rear and American Racing wheels made a 10" wheel that were close to these, but are twice as expensive. I also was thinking of putting 8" wheel and tires in the front, but wasn't sure how it would look. Plus I think they would have hit the headers. So after probably about a month of going back and forth I decided on 10" tire, 8" wheels in back and 5 1/2" tires on 6" wheels in front. These are Rocket Racing Igniter wheels. I am very pleased with the look for the price of these.

So I couldn't help myself. I thought I would put a little something personal into the car. So I picked up a little something that is me. IMG_0331.JPG
This is my drink of choice and I know it's not an original idea but I always thought it was cool to use things like these as catch cans. So I also made a bracket it hold it.
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG

Well I finally got some time to work on the car. I got the lights mounted, but now I am not sure if they look right. Any opinions?
IMG_0361.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
In my downtime I found a good deal on a fuel injection unit
IMG_0357.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG
Now I can't wait to get the car finished just to see how these work out

To finish off the back end, I have tubs for the wheel wells and then would need to fabricate a back panel to tie them in. It will stay cut up high as it is for a modified look.

Wow, I can't believe it's been this long since I have posted anything new. I have been busy with life and the build. I separated the body from the frame to finish off the frame and get it painted
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG

Latest posts

Back