More pictures of the 36

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I got the loose parts hung, new Excelsior 600x16 on the front and a pare of used Wards 6.50x16 tractions on the back.

And the messed up back, there, it's fixed.

And it's now at the towing impound yard that does my title stuff, probably take a couple months. Meanwhile, I have time to decide on a drivetrain. I still haven't got the 239 Y block with overdrive but that might be a good choice.

Last edited:
A very good question Doc. I thought I was lucky to know where there are two sedans hidden, but a coupe, Whooooa, well, you don't just trip over a coupe every day. There's got to be a story.

It's a very long story that involves crazy people, restraining orders, divorce, eviction, all making for one very good pick.
I've spent my whole life looking for a Ford V8 coupe (that I could afford) 50 some years of searching finally paid off. Patience

When I was looking around for a project when I started the 31 I was just coupe stupid....I passed a 37 Dodge coupe up for a song...my azz is gettin pretty sore from 3 years of kicking...:rolleyes:

What a find,,,good for you!

When I was looking around for a project when I started the 31 I was just coupe stupid....I passed a 37 Dodge coupe up for a song...my azz is gettin pretty sore from 3 years of kicking...:rolleyes:

What a find,,,good for you!

I've found quite a few Chevy, Plymouth and Dodge coupes over the years. Also Model As and Ts. What I wanted was a 32-40 Ford. The 36 isn't my favorite. I would have liked a 3 window or a 38 Standard better. Not complaining.
Now I have a Ford from every decade 20s on, except the 70s

Great find, WB. Now you need to sell more of that fine artwork to finance the project.

Yeah, I need to get more done. I am a featured artist in the Sturgis library for June.
I did kinda think I might choose the coupe over the 40 panel project because realistically they won't both get done. But then thought better.
So here's the guy who says focus on one project and now I have 3,lol.
So I think I'll stay the course on the panel and put the coupe into parts accumulation status for a while.

Latest posts

Back