Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen an integral mounting system like that but, then again I haven't worked on a Dakota 4x4 either.
Damn that finger looks mad. How'd ya sleep last night?

I've never seen an integral mounting system like that but, then again I haven't worked on a Dakota 4x4 either.
Damn that finger looks mad. How'd ya sleep last night?

This is the first for Dakota 4x4 for me too. Just seems kinda weird for some reason.

The finger is swollen and still throbbing. Sleep was hectic to say the least.

Sending you healing vibes.
Looks like something I would have done.:eek:[ddd
Torchie

Thanks Torchie.
I was persuading a stuck torsion bar out of the lower control arm with a cut off Ford 9" axle shaft for a driver and a large sledge hammer. I did get it out but I should have kept my finger some place else obviously.

I've never seen an engine mount and front diff mount combined like this is. I guess it works tho. Its been like that for 26 years and nothing is broke, a little worn but that's to be expected.

Definitely looks Chrysler-ish. They can come up with some unique stuff for no good reason.

Definitely looks Chrysler-ish. They can come up with some unique stuff for no good reason.

I agree with that statement. I think it is a result of having to put too many things in the same space. The IFS and the engine both needed some kind of mount so they just combined them.

I'm moving the engine back about 8" so I'll just make engine mounts off the frame. And instead of redesigning some thing for the front axle, I think I'll just tie the top of the mount together with a cross member where the engine mounts were bolted.

That's the plan right now but.......[S[S

Hey, if ya had this one you'd have all three models.
1960 Willy's overland
$8,000

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/458754531912438/?ref=category_feed&referral_code=undefined

158023855_911567069408553_3438617338262308529_o.jpg

I don't have room for any more Willys or any thing else for that matter. I may have to sell some thing.

Last edited:
I'm going to have fire the parts guy on this project. I got the crappy lift off the front end and started putting it back together. Got the driver side put together with new control arm bushings and ball joints. Started to put the other side together and I've got 2 driver side control arms and no passenger side.

So I cleaned up my $15 U pull it wheels getting ready for new tires.

Attachments

• IMG-3294.jpg
    IMG-3294.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3293.jpg
    IMG-3293.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 31
  • WILLYS OVERLAND SCRIPT.jpg
    WILLYS OVERLAND SCRIPT.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back on track....

UPS brought my other control arm this morning so I got it installed and put the tires and wheels off the Dakota on so I can roll it out and use the lift. I stuck the driver side front fender on to see where I was at on the stance. I'm liking the looks of it. It looked goofy to me with the 3" lift on it.

My brides ride has a popping noise going on in the front end that I need to find and fix.
I should have rebuilt the front end on it but it all felt tight and drove good. Some more of that hind sight.

Attachments

• IMG-3304.jpg
    IMG-3304.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-3303.jpg
    IMG-3303.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-3306.jpg
    IMG-3306.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-3309.jpg
    IMG-3309.jpg