1939 Plymouth Rat (snake)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking Good!

That is a good feeling when it's coming together [;)

Nice to see others using eng. stands for a
body rotisserie[cl

That is a good feeling when it's coming together [;)

Nice to see others using eng. stands for a
body rotisserie[cl

Thanks, soltz.

Rotisserie ends do look like engine stands, and could be used for that, but they are much heavier than the typical stand. Overbuilt, and homemade from scrap square tubing I found.

Got my frame painted with a new color: Semi-gloss chassis black with a "sprinkling" of chartreuse.

This is what happens when you paint outside in Central Alabama. Everything is covered with a layer of pine pollen!

Attachments

• IMG_3724.jpg
    IMG_3724.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 27
Pine pollen is just getting started here. About a month of green powder on everything.:eek:

That’s why I try to do any big outside painting jobs in Sept and Oct, usually hot and dry. Sometimes dusty, but no pollen worries that time of year.

My project is beginning to resemble a car! I temporarily married the power train, frame, and body shell so that I can get the trans tunnel fit and to drill holes for the new body mounts. This will be followed by a temporary divorce so that I can spray the trans tunnel and maybe use bedliner on the underside.

Attachments

• IMG_3726.jpg
    IMG_3726.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 51
Progress has been slow, due to a temporary lack of motivation, mower repairs, yard work, etc, etc.

Plumbing is complete, except for the master cylinder and a transmission cooler. Next up is changing rear gears and redrilling the axles for 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Then I can put the body back on the frame ... and get enough shop space to move around.

Attachments

• IMG_3930.jpg
    IMG_3930.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3928.jpg
    IMG_3928.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3925.jpg
    IMG_3925.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg