Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Framed in the trans and driveshaft tunnel today.

A 6.0 LS engine would be nice since this isn't a traditional build. But, I have a low compression 406 sbc for it. I'll have very little money in it and that is important.

I received a bunch of parts from Speedway Friday so I should make pretty good progress on both cars. I completed Speedway's Customer Satisfaction Survey a couple orders ago and got a $100 gift card for my trouble. That's the second time but the first one was for $25. Free shipping on this order too, so I made out like a bandit.

I made a floor out of forest products. It'll get covered in aluminum.

animal, it ain't no work of art. BTW, I'd like to buy your book but would have to send a check. Can you PM your address? I took some story writing classes after I retired and realize how hard fiction is to write. THAT is real art.[cl

It's art to me!

I made a floor out of forest products. It'll get covered in aluminum.

animal, it ain't no work of art. BTW, I'd like to buy your book but would have to send a check. Can you PM your address? I took some story writing classes after I retired and realize how hard fiction is to write. THAT is real art.[cl

I appreciate all the measuring/cutting/ fitting that went into that tunnel. When it's insulated and covered, it'll be art for sure! I'll send you a PM. Thanks for your interest! :)

Did pm go through?

Bob, I tried to send a pm twice, but they don't show up in my "sent" folder. If they don't show up, I'll try something different. The address and all other info is on my website.

All the wood is cut to fit. It'll all be covered with aluminum sheet. You're right DJ3100, lots of advantages using a wood floor.

GM S10 manual brake parts

On early S10 trucks with manual brakes, the master cylinder itself has no provision to hold the pushrod in place. The master cylinder looks the same as a power brake one (but the bore size is likely smaller). Instead, there is an adapter plate that does two things: move the master cylinder up from center to change the pedal ratio from the on-center power brake location, and retain a push rod retainer cup. See the pics. If you can find a donor, you will also score a hydraulic clutch pedal assembly that just might fit.

440shorty

Attachments

• MB_parts_before_exp.jpg
    MB_parts_before_exp.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 34
  • MB_plate_cup_pushrod_before.jpg
    MB_plate_cup_pushrod_before.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 31
  • MB_plate_cup_pushrod_boot_exp.jpg
    MB_plate_cup_pushrod_boot_exp.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 30
Love this project

My father had lots of Dauphines in the 60s and 70s. Seems they would have troubles with the carburetors or distributors, and local mechanics couldn't fix them. Owners would get tired of them, and GIVE them to my father.

One of my first cars was its replacement, the R10.

440shorty

On early S10 trucks with manual brakes, the master cylinder itself has no provision to hold the pushrod in place. The master cylinder looks the same as a power brake one (but the bore size is likely smaller). Instead, there is an adapter plate that does two things: move the master cylinder up from center to change the pedal ratio from the on-center power brake location, and retain a push rod retainer cup. See the pics. If you can find a donor, you will also score a hydraulic clutch pedal assembly that just might fit.

440shorty

I didn't know the early S-10's could be had with manual brakes. You learn something new every day!

I didn't know the early S-10's could be had with manual brakes. You learn something new every day!
right out of high school i had an s10 with manual brakes, manual stearing, and a 4 speed manual transmission and a 2.5 iron duke.

It'll all get covered with .040" aluminum, Todd. My Atlanta friend Jim suggested pop riveting
the aluminum to the plywood. Tried a test piece today and it worked well. If I wouldn't have used plywood It would have been necessary to frame it all with square tubing and put sheet metal on the bottom side and insulation in the middle then aluminum on top. Plywood was much easier.

Latest posts

Back