No other like it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be proud that your car was the only one that you couldn't buy from a catalog and pay someone else to bolt together for you! They obviously liked it if they gave you a trophy:D Great build!

Next, I've done some checking on my fuel mileage. The dyno test made me richen the mixture to get peak power. After that, I also started doing a little bit more highway driving. Once to a show, where I drove 75-80 mph for 30 miles, then about 65 on the way home. Then more city driving, etc. It came out to 9.02 mpg, which was an improvement over the 8.5-8.7 that I was getting before.

Next, I managed to drive another 200 miles being very very careful to keep RPMs under 2000, and keep boost under 2 pounds. It was a mix of highway and city driving again.

The result was a 4.4% increase in mileage, to 9.41. :rolleyes:

This means I'll be driving however I like from now on. ;)

For some extra thought. LPG supposedly gets 80% of what gas gets. This means I'd be getting about 11.5 on gas. More testing and tweaking to follow.

Even with the more modern modular V8 I'm running on injected propane, I'm only getting 15-17 max on the freeway... Propane is still cheaper than gasoline for me however... 1.59/gal in non heating months... What are you paying a gallon?

Haha! HA! $1.59? Here's how it goes around here. Where I normally get it, it starts at 3.19, there's a TWO cent discount for alt fuel, so that's 3.17. Then there's an 18 cent discount if you buy over 16 gallons, that makes 2.99, then I get a 20% employee discount ;), which brings it all the way down to $2.39.
If I go to the propane company about 8 miles away (if I can get there when they're open), they charged $2.10 last time I checked. Gasoline has been around $2 per gallon here lately.

I'm doing 23 cents per mile, you're doing 10.

That's kind of discouraging for propane when you brake it down to the cents per mile. With current prices of diesel it cost me about .15 a mile to pull the livestock trailers that I've been delivering.

I'd say look for a place that is not a corporate propane business. When I found this place they are a private owned propane reseller. I'm nervous that when we move I won't be able to get as good of a deal on the fuel, but we will see.

Latest posts

Back