1936 Chevy low cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

36chevy1986

Hello, this is the first time I'm actually doing a project from scratch. I have restored and modified cars but never nothing from the ground up so a little nervous and unsure of myself sometimes, so please please any advice would be awesome. I actually started it at the beginning of this year and kind of got overwhelmed and stopped. I kick myself for it because I could be a lot further. I started a build thread before but I believe in the wrong spot. So I'm starting fresh. I will have some pic posted in a little bit.
Eric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 59
That's a nice cab to start with. I'm getting towards the end of that same process and I think the biggest hurdle I have had is registering my car. I'd check into that first because it can get tricky if you don't have a vin number

Yes I'm actually going through that process now, and it's definitely not fun. All the research I did and I could be wrong but it says the serial number for the 36 was on the motor. There's a number down by the rocker On a tag and I have tried to research it but can't find anything. I will take a pic of it and maybe someone will know.

You may have to resize your pics to be able to post them.
Good luck on your first time build. Lots of great builders on here and always more than happy to answer some bodys questions.
We will be [P [P [P
Torchie

Photobucket works well for posting pictures I find.
I'm also in the same position as you, first build and just figuring things out along the way. You are not alone.
Lots of friendly knowledge and ideas on this site.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of what you go going on.

Welcome

Your going to have so much fun [cl
Get the picture thing going so we can see where you are and where you want to go.
Standing by to standby

First off, does anyone know how to post more then one pic? I load like 4 at a time and only one comes through. There all the same size.

If you want to post multiple use a host like photobucket. Thats what I do. I can post multiple with my phone using photobucket. It just takes some practicing and figuring out how it works. Plus you will have all your pictures backed up and stored on a site that is free to use. They also offer great deals on canvas prints and printed photos of any size.

I'm on my second build now and I'm sitting at about the same point that you are on it. Mine's a 36 Ford and I'm just about ready to start cutting metal for the chop. It's my first time to chop anything so I'm right there with you.

My advice for the first build is to keep your momentum up. If you stall out, it's easy to let it slide and then it hard to get going again. Also, since the project as a whole can start to feel pretty overwhelming, focus on getting specific tasks done. That way you feel like you have made good progress even though there is a ton left to do! Then, when you get it done, you'll be itching for the next one :D

Thats what happend I hit it hard for about too months, then slowed down. By the time summer came I just stopped. I wanted to work on it but would get side tracked. I would catch myself looking at thinking what's my next step, and in going to go out and work on it then talk myself out of it. I'm about done getting the garage all cleaned back up and organized, and got my s-10 into storage. So getting ready to hit it again. Thanks for all the advice and motivation it really does help. I just loaded all the pic I have so far on to photo bucket, so here in a few hrs I should have them all up.

Ok hopefully the works. this was the day i picked up the cab, i was pretty excited

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back