'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob --- A 327 with old school parts will look right in place in this build. I think the steering setup goes well with the build.[cl[cl

Floor bards & trans cover came out real nice. Are you going to run 283 or 327 valve covers and exhaust manifolds? :D:D:D

Bob --- A 327 with old school parts will look right in place in this build. I think the steering setup goes well with the build.[cl[cl

Floor bards & trans cover came out real nice. Are you going to run 283 or 327 valve covers and exhaust manifolds? :D:D:D

Your post got me thinking. I have 327 valve covers but don't have an intake manifold with an oil fill tube. I do have an Edelbrock C3B with the fill tube hole welded shut. I'll just remove the welded plug and use it.

Got the exhaust system tacked together today. No room under the doors, too low. The driver's door is already a "Dutch" door. On the passenger side, the door just won't open. Might make a foot pad for the rare occasional passenger.

Attachments

• 20231024_140928.jpg
    20231024_140928.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20231024_140957.jpg
    20231024_140957.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 32
Ii had a intake manifold that had the vent/filler tube boss but wasn't machined and I cut it out using a hole saw.
Took a fill tube out of an old cast iron manifold installed it in the aluminum one, worked perfectly.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 54
Exhaust with the 283-327 exhaust manifolds look period correct for this project.

Edelbrock intake with the filler tube is right on.

Are you going to paint the intake the same color as the block & valve covers?
Sure would make that Edelbrock intake look more stock. :D

Nice work, your getting there. [;):D[;)

hey Bob... what`s a "dutch door"? [P welded shut for extra strenght...? must be...

It really isn't a Dutch door dutch. Here, a Dutch door is split horizontally and either the bottom or the top can be opened independently.

My roadster has a half door, to be accurate.

Attachments

• 20231025_214337.jpg
    20231025_214337.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231025_214356.jpg
    20231025_214356.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 28
Always thought it would be unique to have half doors and run the pipes down the sides of the body.
E-man, that's what the Dutch door was for with the Slant 6 in the car.

I got the 327 from Driver Dave's son and it is a very good .040" over recent rebuild. I've since cleaned it up and painted it Chevy orange. It's waiting on the engine stand. It does have some late model smog heads though.

In order to pick it up I had to disassemble my engine hoist/cherry picker, load it in my trunk, take it over to their garage, reassemble the hoist, pick up the engine and put it in the truck, disassemble the hoist and put it in the truck, take the whole works to my garage, reassemble the hoist and remove the engine from the truck. Whew! On the way home my brake pedal went to the floor. So, a hairy ride in rush hour traffic.

Latest posts

Back