1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding work! I hate to see this build stop. Really have enjoyed this. How long is that thing? What is your wheel base? You might have already said, but I'm really old and sometimes forget. I really like long cars. My rat T Bucket is 120 in. Wheel base.

New projects on the way.

It's alright guys, I'll have 2 more projects in the works shortly. First ones a 56 International 110 short box. There will be a build thread for it wen it gets underway. And the second is a 31 Chevy 4 door sedan body No 31559. Here's a couple of pictures.

56 International

There's a complete 31 Chevy somewhere in there.

I'll start a thread for each once I start each one.

Couple of really nice projects coming. 56 looks complete.
Your luggage rack turned out good! Is that on permanent or did you put it on a reese hitch?

You'll change something. We just can't help it. [cl[cl on the win. I dig seeing our gang bringin' home the gold!

Bad news for Coppertone.

Took it on it's first long trip and sprung a leak in the radiator. I'm guessing something got kicked up into it and it just started ****ing coolant out everywhere. So tomorrow morning after work I'm gonna load up the truck and trailer and go pick it up. Hoping that I didn't do anything major to the engine since it got over 250degrees before I had a safe place to pull over. Oh well, at least it wasn't on the way to or from a show.

Figured out the coolant leak. Apparently I forgot to cut off the bolt heads that I welded on the brackets to hold my fan in place and one of them rubbed through. So I crimped off the 2 tubes and I'll add a bit of stop leak just for extra precaution. Hopefully since I welded again and ground down the heads so it shouldn't happen again. There is also a 1/8 inch gap so it shouldn't hit at all.

Crimping off the lines and a bottle of stop leak kinda worked but I'm gonna put a new radiator in it when I get the cash so maybe next month. Took it out for a long test run with the woman and trailer behind me. It made it the 2 hrs to great falls Mt but it started missing like crazy. Could really feel it when I got on it so I pulled it into the shop yesterday afternoon after a bit of a nap and found 3 plugs loose(don't know how that happened), 1 snapped in half after I pulled it, and 1 cracked around the outside. Put new plugs in it and she runs as good as new. After I get a new rad I'll take her on another long trip. Until then I'll be working on the 31 Chevy. Check out my other thread for updates on that.

Latest posts

Back