1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things are really lookin' good Torchie, seems like a lot done
in a short period of time, stay strong!!!!!

Thanks gang. :)
Doing my best but the back spasms kicked in again last night so I was up all night and then of course spent most of the day trying to stay awake.
I go to the leg shop tomorrow for what should be the final fitting on the new leg. Which will in turn help the back. Which should allow me to get back to my physical therapy. Which will get me stronger.Which will............. Well. You get the idea.
The schedule is to pull the engine back out on Thursday to take care of the faulty pressure plate. Going to send the old one in for a rebuild. I will most likely try to get the fire wall in color while the engine is out.
Then once that is back in I can put the front clip back on and finish up the body work on that.
Wish me luck. I sure can use some right now......
Torchie.

Had to pull the engine as I am having issues with the clutch/PP set up so I decided to paint the firewall while I search for the answer to my PP issues.
Not my best work I'm ashamed to say. Could be that my window of opportunity has closed. Waiting to see if things get better with the final version of the new leg.
Thanks for looking in and I hope you all had a fun and safe 4th.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 21
The blues so dark a run wouldn't show if it was there. [S
Good work Torchie [cl

Thanks gang....

You are my kinda guy soltz.:D I stopped fretting about runs and sags 40 years ago.
Even the best painters get a run or sag now and then. Don't let them tell you otherwise. And as "Wet" as I flow the color on it does happen now and again.
I was just not happy with the overall quality. But then my wife would tell you that I am never satisfied with anything that I do.:rolleyes: Hopefully she is.....;)
Looks better now that it has laid down and is dry. I mainly shot it because I wanted to see the color mix on a panel, on the truck. I dig it.[cl
Not as dark as it appears in the pics but not your run of the mill "Dark Blue/ Navy Blue" either.
Who knows. By tomorrow I might even reach the "It's bearable" point.:p
Here's a couple of more pics.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 31
95* of builders are more critical of their own work than others will be.
That is called, having pride in your work. :)
I'm wanting to see the truck painted now [P

95* of builders are more critical of their own work than others will be.
That is called, having pride in your work. :)
I'm wanting to see the truck painted now [P

You and me both OI.:D

At this point the engine is out of the frame due to PP/clutch issues. The Olds engine to the Early Ford trans was a very common swap(50 years ago.:eek:) but for some reason my set up is not working. It's been frustrating for me to get any answers due to the Holiday weekend as well as my computer shutting down. Finally talked with some one from Wilcap, the company that makes the adapter plate and got some ideas from them as well as a couple of guys over on the other site that have done this swap. So hopefully I will have the solutions here soon.
More on that as it happens.
Best news is that my NEW leg is done and I will be heading out to get it this afternoon.[cl [cl [cl
Looking forward to being able to dance again.........[ddd
Torchie

"Looking forward to being able to dance again.........[ddd
Torchie"
You're the one that said it [cl
Video Video Video [P [P [P

"Looking forward to being able to dance again.........[ddd
Torchie"
You're the one that said it [cl
Video Video Video [P [P [P

The way Torchie moves on his truck, he'll probably be dancing, prancing, romancing, and playing the sax....[cl

You'll be a contestant on "Dancing With The Rat Rodders".

Ah...You guys act like a Tonic for me.:D :D :D
New leg is on and as the man said that was falling off the top of the Empire State building. "So far. So good".
Torchie

Latest posts

Back